Dear Newcastle upon Tyne City Council,
I would like to request the following information, which relates to the Victorian cottage in Leazes Park. I believe this cottage was formerly used as the park keeper's house. It is situated on the right hand side at the end of the driveway leading up from Barrack Road.
- how long has the park keeper's house been empty and boarded up?
- how many offers have been received since this time to use the house?
- what plans does the council have for re-use of this house and how long have these plans been agreed?
- what former plans has the council had for re-use and why have these not been acted on?
- what has been the cost to date of securing the house?
- how much damage has been caused to the house?
- how many times have police been called to the house since it was boarded up?
RFI – 7364
Thank you for your request for information. We are dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We have passed your request to relevant colleagues. We will respond to your request within 20 working days starting the working day after receipt of your request.
Freedom of Information Team
Response to your Freedom of Information Act request attached.
Paula Bashforth BSc (Hons) MRICS
Property Portfolio & Markets Service Manager
Newcastle City Council
Newcastle upon Tyne
Phone +44 (0)191 2115519
email [email address]
Website address www.newcastle.gov.uk
Please consider the environment before printing this email