Dear North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust,
According to the Institute for Apprenticeships, you were involved in creating the standard for the Paramedic (Degree) apprenticeship along with a number of other Ambulance Services. As this is the case, would you be able to answer the following:
- What is the current position of NWAS with regards to offering the Paramedic Degree Apprenticeship/Student Paramedic Scheme to external candidates who are not currently employed by NWAS?
- How far along is the organisation in being able to offer this and are there plans to offer this apprenticeship/student paramedic scheme to external candidates within the next 36 months?
- If the above is true, which Universities does NWAS plan to partner with to complete the apprenticeship?
- If NWAS is not in a position to offer this apprenticeship/student paramedic scheme within the next 36 months, when does NWAS expect to be in a position to offer this to external candidates not employed by NWAS?
- If NWAS never expects to offer a student paramedic/paramedic apprenticeship scheme to external candidates, what are the main reasons for not being able to offer this?
North West Ambulance Service - NHS Trust
Thank you for your request for information which is currently being
reviewed under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We will
contact you again with a response to your request within the 20 working
days commitment outlined in the Freedom of Information Act. If there are
any queries with your request which we need to clarify with you, we will
contact you at the earliest opportunity.
Please note: NWAS is currently working very hard to deal with challenges
posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. We will do our best to
respond to any FOI requests within the usual 20 working day deadline, but
please bear with us during this busy time. Thank you for your
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now