Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
I am making this request for information under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please provide the following information held by the BBC since 1st January 2016:
1. The number paperless (e.g. electronic) TV licences issued. Please provide this as an annual breakdown.
2. The number of TV Licensing letters sent to holders of paperless TV licences. Please provide this as an annual breakdown.
3. A copy of the letter sent to new paperless TV licence holders to inform them that a paperless TV licence has been set up.
4. The number of paper (e.g. physical) TV licences issued. Please provide this as an annual breakdown.
5. The number of TV Licensing letters sent to holders of paper TV licences. Please provide this as an annual breakdown.
As it may assist your processing of my request, I volunteer that I am seeking to establish if TV Licensing does actually "use less paper and have more money for programmes" like it claimed it did when the paperless TV licence was first launched.
In accordance with section 11 of the Act, I require your response to be delivered in electronic format to the return email address associated with this request.
I look forward to your timely and concise response, in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
Lead author of the TV Licensing Blog
Dear Peter Jones,
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was received on 16th November 2019. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20191837.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Dear Mr Jones,
Please find attached the response to your request for information,
BBC Information Rights
Room BC2 A4
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Description: Description: \\BBCFS2025\UserData$\myrien01\Documents\My
2. mailto:[BBC request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now