Dear Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council,
I am currently compiling data on the cost to both the environment and expenditure on the use of paper.
I would be grateful if you can give me information on the following:
1) The total amount of reams of paper used by the authority in the last 12 months
2) The amount of expenditure on printing, photocopying, and consumables for internal purposes. We are not interested in the amount of expenditure for printing of publications for external use.
3) The amount of recycling of paper from your offices.
4) Does the local authority have a target to reduce the use of paper - if so what is the current progress?
5) Does the local authority have a target to reduce their carbon footprint - if so what is the current progress?
A R Shaw
Dear Sir or Madam,
I refer to your request for information dated 5^th March 2018. Please
accept my apologies for the late response. Your request has been passed to
a number of departments for information and a response was not possible
until sufficient responses had been received to prepare an answer. Please
see the response below.
1) The total amount of reams of paper used by the authority in the last 12
months – Approx. 3000 reams
2) The amount of expenditure on printing, photocopying, and consumables
for internal purposes. We are not interested in the amount of expenditure
for printing of publications for external use. – We do not hold and cannot
estimate this figure. Paper costs equate to approx... £10k
3) The amount of recycling of paper from your offices. – We do not hold
this information as this is not recorded.
4) Does the local authority have a target to reduce the use of paper - if
so what is the current progress? – We have no specific target although the
authority encourages paperless operation of its functions where possible.
5) Does the local authority have a target to reduce their carbon footprint
- if so what is the current progress? - No
I hope this satisfies your request but if you have any queries or concerns
then please contact Ian Colyer, Freedom of Information Officer, Welwyn
Hatfield Council, Council Offices, The Campus, Welwyn Garden City,
Hertfordshire AL8 6LA, Telephone: 01707 357413,
Email:[Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council request email]. I attach a copy of the Freedom of Information
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Telephone: 01625 545 700
Freedom of Information Officer
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council
Telephone: 01707 357413
Email: [email address]
Please consider the environment before printing this email.
You can report missed bins, abandoned vehicles, fly-tipping, litter,
graffiti and flyposting as well as tell us about problems with litter and
dog bins Online. The information in this email is intended for the named
recipients only. It may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom
of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from
disclosure, the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be
guaranteed. This email and any attachments may contain confidential
information and intellectual property (including copyright material). It
is only for the use of the addressee(s) in accordance with any
instructions contained within it. Please treat any personal and
sensitivity data that may be contained within this email in accordance
with the requirements of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act). Such data
should only be processed and retained where there is a legitimate need to
do so. Should you have a legitimate need to share this information please
make the recipient aware of their responsibilities for handling this data
in accordance with the Act. If you are not the addressee, you are
prohibited from copying, forwarding, disclosing, saving or otherwise using
it in any way. If you receive this email in error, please immediately
advise the sender and delete it. Sopra Steria may monitor the content of
emails within Welwyn Hatfield Council?s network to ensure compliance with
the Council?s policies and procedures. Emails are susceptible to
alteration and their integrity (including origin) cannot be assured.
Welwyn Hatfield Council and Steria shall not be liable for any
modification to a message, or for messages falsely sent.
The full Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council email disclaimer can be viewed at
Welwyn Hatfield Borough Council is committed to protecting your privacy
when you use our services. The Privacy Notice below explains how we use
information about you and how we protect your privacy.