Paid Holiday and ILR Eligibility

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, Home Office should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear Home Office,

I am planning to apply ILR under Tier 2 General 5 year route. I was in Paid holidays for 50 days. My company has a practice of issuing P45 for long holidays. That's how they run the payroll here for deputed employees from overseas. hence my company gave me a p45 for that specified holiday period. After my holidays i started working as usual for that company and i received P60 as well at the end of year. All my holidays are paid in UK and i have payslips with me. Would that extra p45 has any impact on my ILR ?

Yours faithfully,


FOI Requests, Home Office

Please be aware that we have decided to handle your correspondence of 17 April 2018 outside the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act. This is because it does not meet the criteria for a Freedom of Information request, as it does not ask for recorded information.

Below is a link to the ICO guidance for the criteria for valid requests under the Act:

We will provide an answer to your query, but it will be answer outside of the provisions of the Act.  You should expect to receive a response in due course.

FOI Requests

show quoted sections

UK Visas and Immigration,

Dear Ramprasad,
Thank you for your enquiry dated 17th April regarding your ILR
We are unable to advise on settlement applications.
Please use the link below to find out if you can apply for settlement
(also called ‘indefinite leave to remain’) in the UK:
If you need any further help or assistance you would need to contact an
independent immigration adviser.
Please note the onus is upon individual customers to ensure that they
satisfy the requirements set out in the guidance material. The guidance
material accompanies each and every application form. UK Visas and
Immigration is not able to give, indicate or advise upon the outcome of
any such application prior to it being given full and careful
Directing you to the guidance material is the only advice we can give you.
If you need any further help you should seek independent immigration
advice. Immigration advisers can help you with immigration matters,
including completion of forms and representing you at a tribunal. The
Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner (OISC) regulates
immigration advisers, which mean they must meet certain standards.
Please see the below link to find an immigration adviser:
Yours Faithfully,
Dawn Johnson
UK Visa and Immigration



UKVI Contact Centre

Website: [3]




Visible links
1. Click to follow link:
2. Click to follow link:

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .