Dear Police Scotland,
1a. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 regarding online sexual offences of any kind related to children.
1b. Please provide a breakdown of all the sexual offences associated with these arrests:
e.g. section 8 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; section 10 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; section 12 of SOA 2003 [insert number] section 14 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; and section 15 of SOA [insert number]; section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 [insert number].
1c. Please specify the number of these arrests that involved at least one child decoy. By 'child decoy' I am referring to an adult who pretends to be a child.
2. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 in connection with online sexual offences against children based on evidence acquired by your own officers acting as decoys.
3. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 in connection with online sexual offences against children based on evidence provided to you by so-called paedophile hunters.
4. Please provide the names of all so-called paedophile hunting groups who provided information to you that led to the arrest of individuals in connection with sexual offences against children in 2019/20.
Please accept this message as confirmation that your request has been
received by Police Scotland and will be dealt with under the terms of the
Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Please note, this mailbox is FOI request only.
Further details are below if you wish to request personal information,
road traffic incident or crime reports, or other non-FOI related
Requesting personal information held by Police Scotland
Applications must be made under GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018. Please
follow this link -
Road traffic incident or crime report relating to property which has been
damaged and/or stolen
Please click on this link -
Non FOI related queries
Please phone 101 or refer to this link -
Please find attached our response to your recent request for information.
Dear FOI, Dundee,
Thank you for your helpful response and for the useful links.
I found the following in a page headed 'Advice for perpetrators':
'Between 1 Aug 2017 and 31 July 2018 (12 month period) 1,059 men were charged with online offences against children and young people, which included 94 instances of grooming.'
I wish to modify my request based on the above information in the hope of bringing it under the cost threshold.
1. For the year 2019/20, please provide the number of arrests made in connection with all instances of online grooming offences by adults against children.
2. For the year 2019/20, please provide the number and names of all so-called paedophile hunting groups associated with the online grooming offences identified in 1.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now