Dear Warwickshire Police,
1a. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 regarding online sexual offences of any kind related to children.
1b. Please provide a breakdown of all the sexual offences associated with these arrests:
e.g. section 8 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; section 10 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; section 12 of SOA 2003 [insert number] section 14 of SOA 2003 [insert number]; and section 15 of SOA [insert number]; section 127 of the Communications Act 2003 [insert number].
1c. Please specify the number of these arrests that involved at least one child decoy. By 'child decoy' I am referring to an adult who pretends to be a child.
2. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 in connection with online sexual offences against children based on evidence acquired by your own officers acting as decoys.
3. Please provide the number of arrests you made in 2019/20 in connection with online sexual offences against children based on evidence provided to you by so-called paedophile hunters.
4. Please provide the names of all so-called paedophile hunting groups who provided information to you that led to the arrest of individuals in connection with sexual offences against children in 2019/20.
Please be advised that this inbox is for Freedom of Information requests
only. Any other enquiries will not be actioned or forwarded, they will be
automatically deleted. If your enquiry does not relate to Freedom of
Information please re-direct as appropriate.
Please see below other teams that may be of assistance.
· [email address] for all Disclosure and
Barring Service (DBS), Common Law Police Disclosure (CLPD), Civil
Disclosure, Family Court requests, Housing requests
· [email address] for any requests
relating to subject access requests
· [email address] for Criminal
Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) requests.
· [email address] for all
data protection related requests
Dear D. Moore,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: 04-2021
I write in connection with your request for information which was received
on 4^th January 2021. Your request will now be considered in accordance
with the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“the Act”).
We will make every effort to provide a response to your request within 20
working days as stipulated by the Act.
There may be a fee payable for the retrieval, collation and provision of
the information you request. If this is the case you will be informed and
the 20 working day timescale will be suspended until we receive payment
from you. If you chose not to make payment then your request will be
Some requests may also require either full or partial transference to
another public authority in order to answer your query in the fullest
possible way. Again, you will be informed if this is the case.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please
contact the Information Compliance Unit quoting the reference number
FOI Administration Officer
Information and Compliance
Colour - Warwickshire Logo (FINAL Oct 2019)
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now