Dear Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust,
I write to request information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 on how you have instituted overseas patient charging and the costs of your overseas visitor management team at your trust, if you have one. Please can you tell me:
1) Whether you have an overseas visitor management team or a similar team? If NOT, who then is in charge of overseas patient charging in your trust in line with changes advised in the Department of Health's Draft guidance on implementing the overseas visitor charging regulations, 2017?
2) What is the cost of the current team for the preceding year, or if established only recently following the changes in 2017, its cost of set up and estimated costs for 2017/2018? (Note: this cost could include salaries, but also overheads including facilities and equipment used).
3) What, if any, charges have been levied to overseas patients in your trust by this team, and how much of this has been recouped?
Thank-you for your e-mail.
This is an automated response to let you know that your e-mail has been received by the Trust Freedom of Information Act team and will now receive our attention. No further acknowledgement will be sent.
If your request does not constitute a request under the Act we will be in touch to advise you of an alternative course of action, or redirect your message elsewhere and let you know.
Valid Freedom of Information Act requests will receive a response as soon as possible and we will endeavour to respond within the statutory timescale of 20 working days. This is calculated as follows:-
* 20 working days, counted from the next working day after your request was deemed to be received.
* Public holidays and similarly recognised non-working days, Saturdays and Sundays are not classified as working days.
* Standard office hours are understood as 9am to 5pm. Requests received after 5pm will be deemed to have arrived the next working day.
Please bear this in mind when calculating the "due date" for your request.
Our reply to you will confirm or deny whether we hold the information you have requested, and we will either provide you with the information you have requested, or explain why it has not been provided, quoting an Exemption under the Act.
Under our obligation to advise and assist requestors we will contact you for clarification should we fail to understand any part of your request.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Freedom of Information Office
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The Ashbourne Centre
Derby DE22 3LZ
Tel 01332 623700
The information transmitted by or with this email is intended only for the named addressee and may contain confidential material which is subject to law.
If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender and delete it from your system.