Dear Hounslow Borough Council,
Can you please provide the following information. In all instances where numbers are asked for please provide them both as a whole number and as a percentage.
1. How many children of compulsory school age do you currently have under local authority care?
i) How many were school educated by their parents before going into care?
ii) How many were electively home educated by their parents before going into care?
2. Can you please provide a statistical breakdown of the reasons why children in your local authority have been put under local authority care?
3. Please provide the number of children under local authority care classed as children missing education for the years (Jan 01 - Dec 31 in all instances) 2015, 2016, 2017.
4. Please provide a breakdown of how the children under local authority care are currently receiving their educational provision. Please include CME statistics.
5. Please provide the number of children aged 10 - 18 under local authority who have;
i) Gone missing
ii) Had police involvement
iii) Been groomed by adults after going into LAC.
iv) Had a relationship that resulted in pregnancy.
v) Had a relationship that resulted in parenthood.
6. Of the children currently under LAC please provide the number of children who have been identified as needing supportive therapy; This could be SEN, mentally, emotionally, physically etc.
Of these children;
i) How many have successfully received the therapy recommended?
ii) How many are in receipt of the therapy recommended?
iii) How many are waiting to receive the therapy recommended?
Finally, can you please provide statistics/documentation and evidence for the educational outcomes for all children under local authority care?
Dear Resident/Member of the public,
Thank you for your email about a Freedom of Information.
We will either deal with your request or pass it onto our service teams to
provide you with a response.
o Freedom of Information (FOI) requests – the Council will respond
within 20 working days from the time of receipt if this is within working
hours, or, if received out of hours, from the next working day.
o To comply with the Local Government Transparency Code 2015 further
information can be found at
Customer Relations Team
Dear G Swanson,
Thank you for your request for information dated 09/03/2018. Your reference number is 39558-39559.
This has been passed to the relevant team who will respond within 20 working days.
If you would like to contact us please email [email address] or telephone 0208 583 5211.
Emma Wallis | Customer Relations Officer
Yellow zone, Civic Centre
London Borough of Hounslow
Office: 020 8583 5211
Email: [email address]
Follow us online: Twitter: @LBofHounslow and Facebook: www.facebook.com/HounslowCouncil