Dear Wakefield City Council,
Can you please provide the following information. In all instances where numbers are asked for please provide them both as a whole number and as a percentage.
1. How many children of compulsory school age do you currently have under local authority care?
i) How many were school educated by their parents before going into care?
ii) How many were electively home educated by their parents before going into care?
2. Can you please provide a statistical breakdown of the reasons why children in your local authority have been put under local authority care?
3. Please provide the number of children under local authority care classed as children missing education for the years (Jan 01 - Dec 31 in all instances) 2015, 2016, 2017.
4. Please provide a breakdown of how the children under local authority care are currently receiving their educational provision. Please include CME statistics.
5. Please provide the number of children aged 10 - 18 under local authority who have;
i) Gone missing
ii) Had police involvement
iii) Been groomed by adults after going into LAC.
iv) Had a relationship that resulted in pregnancy.
v) Had a relationship that resulted in parenthood.
6. Of the children currently under LAC please provide the number of children who have been identified as needing supportive therapy; This could be SEN, mentally, emotionally, physically etc.
Of these children;
i) How many have successfully received the therapy recommended?
ii) How many are in receipt of the therapy recommended?
iii) How many are waiting to receive the therapy recommended?
Finally, can you please provide statistics/documentation and evidence for the educational outcomes for all children under local authority care?
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - REQUEST FOR INFORMATION
Thank you for your email requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 which we received on 09/03/2018. It is our intention to have the response delivered to you by 10/04/2018.
I would like to inform you that all requests submitted under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 might be subject to exemption(s), which the Authority is entitled to apply to refuse the request.
Any future correspondence you may have in relation to this matter should be marked Private & Confidential and sent to the Senior Information Governance Officer, Information Management Team, County Hall, Wakefield WF1 2QW or e-mailed to [Wakefield City Council request email].
Information Governance Officer
Corporate Information Governance Team,
City Solicitor’s Office.
Wakefield MDC, County Hall, Wakefield WF1 2QW
Email: [Wakefield City Council request email]
Tel: 01924 306112