Dear United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust,
I have been seconded into a post funded by the Office for Students as part of the Strategic Interventions in Health Education Disciplines programme. My role is to explore barriers prospective Orthoptic students face when trying to secure a work experience/shadow placement in Orthoptic departments in England.
To understand current practices I would like to request the following information:
1. How many applications for Orthoptic work experience did your Trust receive in
a) Sept 2016 - Sept 2017
b) Sept 2017 - Sept 2018
2. How many applications resulted in a work experience placement?
3. What is the minimum age for work experience in Orthoptics?
4. Do applicants for work experience in Orthoptics require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check?
5. What paperwork are applicants required to complete?
6. Are applicants required to complete an induction?
Thank you for your email.
Your Freedom of information request has been logged and will now be processed.
If you need to contact us again in relation to this request please quote reference number 656/18 using the email address [email address].
Please see below results for United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust:
How many applications for Orthoptic work experience did your Trust receive in
a) Sept 2016 - Sept 2017 - 5 applications
b) Sept 2017 - Sept 2018 - 9 applications
2. How many applications resulted in a work experience placement? - 8 placements confirmed
3. What is the minimum age for work experience in Orthoptics? - 16+
4. Do applicants for work experience in Orthoptics require a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check? - No
5. What paperwork are applicants required to complete? - Students need apply online via our website
6. Are applicants required to complete an induction? - WX Staff supervisors are required to complete an induction checklist with the student on the first morning of the placement
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Lincolnshire Talent Academy
c/o United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Lincoln County Hospital
L 01522 597596
Did you know? Existing staff can access Apprenticeship opportunities for career development!
This is applies to everyone of all ages and bands – apprenticeships are not just for school leavers!
For more information email: [email address] or go to our Intranet page.
Follow us on social media @LincsTALAC
If you are not the intended recipient of this email (and any attachment), please inform the sender by return email and destroy all copies without passing to any third parties.
Please find attached the response to your Freedom of Information request.
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Trust HQ , Lincoln County Hospital
Main Entrance, Greetwell Road
Lincoln LN2 5QY
T: 01522 573989
We have served the people of Lincolnshire since April 2000, providing a
comprehensive range of hospital-based medical, surgical, paediatric,
obstetric and gynaecological services delivered by highly trained staff
and volunteers. Every year, we invest in improving our clinical services
by replacing and upgrading our medical equipment, modernising our estate
and facilities and improving our information and technology
For the latest information about the Trust please visit: www.ulh.nhs.uk
CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT: The information contained in this e-mail is
confidential and may also be legally privileged. It is intended only for
the use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of the e-mail is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error, please accept my apologies and
notify me immediately. Thank you.
Disclaimer: The contents of this email are not necessarily the policy or
opinion of United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust or any person employed
by it. This transmission is intended only for the named recipient(s) and
is confidential in nature. If received in error, please return it to the
sender and destroy any copies immediately.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now