Dear North Yorkshire Police (NYP),
In an article published on 20th April, 2011 the following statement was provided to the newspaper by NYP:
~ North Yorkshire Police said it would carry out a review to see where lessons could be learned after Garbutt’s defence team likened its investigation to a “comedy of errors” ~
Please disclose the following information by way of the Freedom of Information Act:
1. Who commissioned the review?
2. What operational name was assigned to the review?
3. What was the name and rank (or style) of the officer who undertook the review?
4. For which organisation did the reviewer work at the time the review was commissioned (eg HMIC, Peer review by another police force, independent bar, academic).
5. On what date did the review commence?
6. On what date did the review complete.
7. What is the date stamp on the report of the review.
8. To whom was it published.
9. A copy of the Executive Summary and/or key recommendations.
10. The cost of the review.
The newspaper article can be viewed at this weblink:
Dear North Yorkshire Police,
Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.
I am writing to request an internal review of North Yorkshire Police's handling of my FOI request 'Operation Nardoo'.
The grounds for complaint are:
1. Breach of section 10 of the Act.
2. Breach of section 17 of the Act.
3. Breach of section 77 of the Act.
4. Continuation of course of conduct to vex, annoy, harass a journalist pursuing his vocation.
5. Disclosure of all internal, external communications, meeting notes, briefing notes relating to the finalisation of this request. Applicable dates: 30th March, 2020 until 14th September, 2020.
A full history of my FOI request and all correspondence is available on the Internet at this address: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/o...
Good morning Mr Wilby,
Your request has been logged as an internal review into FOI 1154.2019-20. Please accept this email as an acknowledgement. Your request will now be processed by the Civil Disclosure Unit.
Collar Number 4430
Joint Corporate Legal Services
North Yorkshire Police HQ
DX 68810 Northallerton 2
Civil Disclosure Direct Dial 01609 643526
Evolve Legal Services is a collaboration delivering professional services on behalf of the Chief Constable and elected Commissioners of Cleveland Police, Durham Constabulary and North Yorkshire Police.
Committed to the Code of Ethics
THIS EMAIL AND ANY ATTACHMENT(S) MAY BE SUBJECT TO LEGAL PROFESSIONAL PRIVILEGE - PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE THE CONTENT TO ANYONE ELSE WITHOUT ASKING JOINT CORPORATE LEGAL SERVICES
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now