Dear Hague Bar Primary School, High Peak,
I am researching the costs associated with safeguarding students in line with the Department for Education's "Keeping Children Safe In Education" guidance and the Home Office's "Prevent" legislation. I hope that you will be able to help by providing the following information:
1. Which web filtering product does the school use? (e.g. Smoothwall Secure Web Gateway, Smoothwall UTM, RM Safetynet, Lightspeed Web Filter, etc.)
2. Is your web filtering system purchased directly by the school or provided by the LEA?
3. Does your web filtering system run on a server on the school's premises, or is it hosted off-site? (In the cloud, at the LEA's data centre, etc.)
4. How much does the web filtering system cost the school and over how long a period? (e.g. £xxxx over a 3 year contract, etc. Please explicitly state whether the quoted amount is the annual cost or the total over the period.)
5. Do the costs quoted in question 4, above, include anything besides web filtering? (e.g. that cost may also include the internet connection itself, or other services, in addition to the actual filtering product.)
6. If your filtering system is hosted on the school's premises, do the costs quoted in question 4, above, include the hardware that the filtering software runs on? (When an existing filtering contract is renewed, schools can often choose not to replace the existing hardware. In that case, the answer would be "no.")
7. What speed of internet connection does the school have?
8. How many students does the school have?
9. How many staff does the school have?
10. What year did your current filtering contract begin? (this helps me evaluate how the costs have changed over time for long contracts).
Thank you very much for your time.