Obtain registered keeper details of an obstructive vehicle

Mark made this Freedom of Information request to Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was refused by Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency.

Dear Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency,

I write to you as a last resort to obtain a vehicles registerd keeper address, the reason for the request is the vehicle has been illegally parked since 5/9/2017 blocking accesss to disabled access desperately needed by my poorly father.
I have left numerous notes on the windshield but for whatever reason they haven't responded. I would like to kindly ask the person(s) to remove the vehicle.


I thank you for your time with this matter and look forward to your reply

Yours faithfully,

Mark brennan

DVRE3, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency

Dear Mr Brennan

Thank you for your correspondence by email requesting the release of information from the vehicle records at DVLA. I must advise that this type of request would not come under the Freedom of Information Act. As you require personal information held at DVLA, the application would be considered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and dealt with as part of day-to-day business.

Regulation 27 of the Road Vehicles (Registration and Licensing) Regulations 2002, permits the release of certain information, in a limited range of circumstances. In addition, DVLA is registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 and has a duty to protect the privacy of individuals when releasing information held on its computer record. It is an offence to make a false declaration in order to obtain information from vehicle records held by DVLA and, indeed, the Data Protection Registrar hold us to account for any complaints as a result of our release of information.

Unfortunately, amongst the many legitimate requests for information, there is a minority, which are fraudulent or malicious. We therefore ask applicants to complete a V888 form. The form is available for download from https://www.gov.uk/request-information-f... and further guidance on the relevant supporting documentation you will need to supply as evidence can be found on the link further down the page https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio... I am sorry this may appear a chore to you but it will help us to consider your application further.

The completed form must be submitted by post to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1AJ. There is an administration fee of £2.50 for the information you require, cheques or postal orders made payable to DVLA Swansea. On receipt of the fully completed V888 form, supporting documentation and administration fee, we will be able to consider your request further.

CAEG | Driver Vehicle Record Enquiries | D9 | DVLA | Swansea | SA99 1AJ