Dear Staffordshire County Council,
Can you please provide answers to the following questions relating to Subject Access Requests (SARs)?...
1. How many SAR request have been made to the council in the last 12 months?
2. Please provide a breakdown of the specific departments that these SARs relate to?
3. Is there a central response to SARs or is it devolved to the departments involved?
4. How many staff deal with responses?
5. On average how many hours are spent dealing with a SAR?
6. Do you have any software to assist with SAR production?
Dear M Warrington,
Thank you for your request for information received by Staffordshire
County Council on 10/07/2020.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
During the current situation we will try to meet the statutory deadlines
for processing access to information requests. However, it is likely that
resources, whether they are finances or people, may be diverted away from
access to information work to deal with priority public services.
Please be patient if you experience delays when making information rights
requests during the pandemic. Where practicable, we will try to notify you
if there is likely to be a delay in being able to provide the information
you have requested.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact us.
Please remember to quote the case reference number above in any future
Dear M Warrington
Thank you for your request for information.
Please find information provided by the relevant service team(s) below.
1. How many SAR request have been made to the council in the last 12 months? - 340
2. Please provide a breakdown of the specific departments that these SARs relate to? - All county service areas but mainly relating to Families First (Children and family services), SEND, Autism outreach, Educational Psychologists (Education support related services), LADO, HR, Adult social care
3. Is there a central response to SARs or is it devolved to the departments involved? - There are two 'centralised teams responsible for processing SAR responses - One deals specifically with requests relating to children's social care and the other is the council's corporate Access to Information Team
4. How many staff deal with responses? - There are 4 dedicated officers responsible for dealing with SAR responses. In addition, there are administrative and casual staff who support this processes but whose roles are not solely related to the processing of SARs
5. On average how many hours are spent dealing with a SAR? - Time spent dealing with SARs is not recorded/held.
6. Do you have any software to assist with SAR production? - We use House on the Hill's SupportDesk database software to record processing of SARs (and to support other council functions), Adobe software is used to redact PDF documents and we use LiquidFiles Secure File Transfer (SFT) to send information securely between the council and requestors, and internally to send files up to a 1000 MB limit per message.
If you have any comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority you should contact us in the first instance. Send your comment or complaint to:
Access Manager, Access Team, Staffordshire County Council, 2 Staffordshire Place, Stafford ST16 2DH or email [email address]
If you then have any further comments relating to how your request has been handled by our authority, please contact the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
Staffordshire County Council
1 Staffordshire Place
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now