Dear Scottish Government,
Please treat this email as a Freedom of Information request.
Please supply me with the following information.
1. The number and name of all religious or belief bodies that are currently prescribed under the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Act 2014, or otherwise authorised by Scottish Government Ministers to provide ministers, clergy, pastors, priests or other celebrants who are able to conduct legal weddings.
2. For each religious or belief body that is currently prescribed, and any that were unsuccessful in gaining prescription, please supply copies of the application paperwork and related correspondence between the Scottish Government and the body, redacted as required to mitigate against data protection concerns.
3. The number of celebrants, if known, who are authorised to solemnise marriages or civil partnerships in Scotland. Please, if possible, break this number down by religious or belief body.
4. Copies of any materials held that set out the criteria that Scottish Government officials use to assess belief bodies when a body requests prescription under the Marriage and Civil Partnership (Scotland) Act 2014.
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION (SCOTLAND) ACT 2002: NUMBER OF REGISTERED WEDDING
Our ref: FOI/19/00421
On behalf of the Family Law policy team, please find attached an
acknowledgement of receipt of your FoI(S)A request as above.
Please find attached the response to your recent FoI request, on behalf of
the Family Law team.
The documents are:
· Simon Stockwell’s reply of 6 March 2019.
· Letter of 14 December 2015 to Humanist Society Scotland (HSS).
· Email by HSS dated 11 January 2016. This enclosed:-
- a letter dated 11 January 2016.
- HSS disciplinary procedure.
- HSS Articles of Association.
· Letter of 14 January 2016 by the then Minister, Marco Biagi.
· Email exchange dated 14 September 2016 with Lynsey Kidd of HSS.
· Letter dated 18 September 2016 to Lynsey Kidd.
· Reply dated 24 November 2016 by Lynsey Kidd.
· Email exchanges in March/April 2015 with the Fellowship of
Professional Celebrants (FPC).
· Document sent to us by FPC in March 2015.
· Reply dated 23 April 2015 to FPC.
Senior Media Manager
Scottish Government | Justice & Education
0131 244 2951 | 07870 218 112
Follow us on Twitter - @ScotGovJustice @ScotGovEdu
Out of hours: 0300 244 4000
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now