Dear Police Scotland,
It is fact that when PSD arranged for a Police Inspector to investigate a series of complaints against the West Lothian Command, that a witness identified that the Inspector had changed the whole context of the Head of Complaints (HOC), ensuring that the investigation would ensure that no complaint was upheld. This type of professional misconduct and malfeasance is congruous with Dame Elish Angiolini’s recent report of the horrific handling of Police Complaints System.
Per FOISA 2002 please advise me of the following information contained in your records:
1. The total amount of complaints received by Police Scotland West Lothian Command that were serious enough to be investigated by PSD in 2018/2019, 2019/2020 to date.
2. Please break these figures down month on month and week on week?
3. Please advise in total how many complainers there were against the number of complaints for each financial year?
4. Please advise how many head of complaint were altered after the complainer had been interviewed and signed of the HOC sheet? (after which the officer types the HOC sheet up, leaving it open to be abused).
5. How many Complaints were upheld for both periods?
6. How many were not upheld?
Please acknowledge receipt of this request and I shall look forward to your response within 20 working days.
Ms S Kerr
Please accept this message as confirmation that your request has been
received by Police Scotland and will be dealt with under the terms of the
Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Please note, this mailbox is FOI request only.
Further details are below if you wish to request personal information,
road traffic incident or crime reports, or other non-FOI related
Requesting personal information held by Police Scotland
Applications must be made under GDPR/Data Protection Act 2018. Please
follow this link -
Road traffic incident or crime report relating to property which has been
damaged and/or stolen
Please click on this link -
Non FOI related queries
Please phone 101 or refer to this link -
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now