Dear Glasgow Caledonian University,
I am keen to know how the University's equal opportunities policy works in relation to the recruitment of academic staff who are neurodivergent. By “neurodiversity”, I mean autism, dyspraxia, ADHD, dyslexia and dyscalculia. As such, please answer the following:
1. How many lecturers are currently employed in open-ended posts in the Department for Business & Society, in the Glasgow campus? (the original pool for comparison).
2. Of this number, how many are neurodivergent?
3. Of the original pool for comparison, how many have autism?
4. Of the origial pool for comparison, how many have dyspraxia?
5. Of the original pool for comparison, how many have both autism and dyspraxia?
6. Of the original pool for comparison, how many have some other neurodivergent condition? (e.g. ADHD or dyslexia).
I am making a number of requests around this same topic (neurodiversity). I am trying to break them down into more specific requests.
Dear Ms Hesketh
Glasgow Caledonian University has received your request for information. The University is currently processing this and will get back to you as soon as possible. It will be responded to under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Department of Governance
T: +44 (0)141 273 1451 | F: +44 (0)141 331 8797 | E: [email address]
Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA,
Scotland, United Kingdom
I refer to your request for information (email below). The University's response is attached.
Please also find attached a review notice setting out the steps you may take if you are not satisfied with the response provided to your request.
If there are any questions in relation to this request, please contact the University at [Glasgow Caledonian University request email] Please note the University is currently processing the remainder of your requests.
Information Compliance, Governance and Records Manager | Department of Governance
T: +44 (0)141 331 3341| F: +44 (0)141 331 8797 | E: [email address] Glasgow Caledonian University, Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA, Scotland, United Kingdom
Thank you for your speedy response. I really appreciate this.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now