Dear Solicitors Regulation Authority,
We write to request specific information as follows and pursuant to the Freedom of Information Act 2000. We would politely remind you of your obligation to deliver up to the Requester, the information requested within the statutory time period provided by the Act.
1. We would like to know the number of complaints you have received from 30th June 2015 through to 1st July 2018;
2. Of those complaints, how many of the complaints were upheld?
3. Of the complaints upheld, how many resulted in further action against a solicitor?
4. Of the cases where further action was commenced, how many of those cases resulted in a criminal prosecution against a solicitor?
5. How many complaints did you receive against solicitors at Eversheds or its group companies in the same time period as 1. above?
6. How many complaints, within that same period, did you receive against solicitors at Womble Bond Dickinson / Formerly Bond Dickinson?
7. In the same period, how many complaints did you receive against Owen White & Catlin LLP?
8. And how many complaints did you receive against solicitors specialising in Insolvency law?
9. From 30th June 2015, how many complaints has the SRA received against it for failing to investigate complaints against solicitors?
10. Of those complaints in 9. above, how many of those complaints were upheld?
11. Of the complaints upheld in 10, above, how many of those complaints resulted in further action being taken against those being complained of?
12. How many of those in 11 resulted in disciplinary action?
I am aware that there may be a charge for the Authority compiling this data. I would like to mitigate that charge by requesting that you provide any such record that may collate, in your own processes, the majority of the statistical data requested. I am happy to discharge any such fees if fees do apply to this request.
Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you as soon as possible.
Thank you for contacting the Information Governance and Compliance Team at
the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).
We aim to respond to request for information under our Transparency Code
requests within 20 working days. Information on how we handle these
requests, including a copy of our Transparency Code, can be found on our
We will process and respond to Subject Access Requests within the
statutory timeframes as set out in the relevant data protection
This mailbox does not deal with reports about solicitors. For information
about how to report an individual or firm please see our website here.
For information on how we handle your personal data, see our privacy
This email is intended for the addressee only. This includes any
attachments. Its unauthorised use, further processing, storage or copying
is not allowed. If you are not the intended recipient, please let the
sender know and then destroy all copies.
Please note the sender is not authorised to conclude any contract on
behalf of the Solicitors Regulation Authority by email.
Dear Litigio LLP,
Please find our response attached.
Information Governance Officer
Solicitors Regulation Authority
The Cube, Birmingham
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now