Dear Northumbria Police Authority,
I am making this request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. I am interested in legal advice paid for by the Northumbria Police Authority to Samuel Phillips Law Firm for all/any advice and/or legal services during the past 5 years.
In addition I am seeking the following:
1. Please supply all information as to any payments made to Samuel Phillips Law Firm by Northumbria Police Authority for any purpose in the years 2007/2008, 2008/09, 2009/10, 2010/11 and 2011/12.
2. Please supply details of purpose of any payments made, reason/s for payment to cover 1 above.
3. Please provide all information as to any contractual or other arrangements that Northumbria Police Authority may have with Samuel Phillips Law Firm relating to any type of legal advice/service etc during the years in 1 above.
4. Please provide all details/information of any employee of Samuel Phillips Law Firm that attended upon the Northumbria Police Authority at any time during the years in 1 above. Please note I am NOT requiring personal information in the event that it may cause problems.
5. Please provide details, reasons and purpose of any attendance or visit by any employee of Samuel Phillips Law Firm upon Northumbria Police Authority during years in 1 above.
6. How long has the Northumbria Police Authority taken legal
services and/or advice from Samuel Phillips Law Firm?
7. How much in total has the Northumbria Police Authority paid to Samuel Phillips Law Firm during the last 5 years?
Mr Martin McGartland
My Ref: CC31261
Dear Mr McGartland
Subject: Freedom of Information - Chief Executive Office - Service
I refer to the request, which you have made under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 for records held by this department/office.
Your request dated 7th January was received by this department on 9
January 2012. The officer handling your request is Richard Hall. He may
be contacted by telephone on number 0191 433 2094 should you have any
questions or concerns about your request.
A final decision on your request would normally be sent to you within 20
working days of receipt of your request. This means that you can expect
to receive your decision by 06 February 2012.
There are some limited situations under the Freedom of Information Act,
which could mean that the period for a final decision may be longer than
the normal 20 working days. If this occurs in your request, we will
promptly advise you in writing.
Should our final decision not reach you on time, please feel free to
call the contact officer named above to discuss any problems that may
Non reply by us deemed to be a refusal
If you have not heard from us once the allotted time has expired, you
are automatically entitled to appeal to this department for a review of
the matter. This review is a full and new examination of the matter, and
is carried out by a more senior member of staff of this department.
In the event that you need to make such an appeal, you can do so by
writing to Richard Hall of this department at the address given below.
You should state that you are appealing because an initial decision was
not sent to you within the time permitted. In that event, you would
normally have 40 days (after the original decision should have been sent
to you) in which time to make the appeal.
My Ref: CC31261
Dear Mr McGartland
Subject: Freedom of Information
I refer to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and to your letter to
this office dated 7 January 2012 and received on 9 January 2012.
In accordance with the Freedom of Information Act, we have formally
decided to grant access to the records requested and accordingly they
are as follows:
Northumbria Police Authority has not paid law firm Samuel Phillips for
any legal services or advice in the last five years.
The information provided in response to your request is copyright
Gateshead Council unless otherwise endorsed. Granting access to this
information under the Freedom of Information Act does not permit you to
re-use the information provided for commercial purposes, for
photocopying or reproduction in any form. If you wish to re-use the
information you need to apply for a Licence. You can do this by writing
to Tanya Rossington, Information Rights Officer, Legal and Corporate
Services, 1st Floor, Civic Centre, Regent Street, Gateshead, NE8 1HH.
You may be required to pay a fee or comply with conditions for permitted
Should you have any queries regarding the contents of this letter,
please contact Richard Hall on 0191 433 2094.
Dear Mr Hall,
Thank you very much for that.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now