Non-traditional residential housing

Steven Lees made this Freedom of Information request to Fife Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Fife Council,

I’m currently in the process of compiling local authority information of addresses where non-traditional methods have been used.

Several mass building projects for local authority houses were constructed using prefabricated or in-situ techniques such as concrete or steel and often had trade names such as Reema, Wates, Cornish etc. These are both pre and post war. Some of these types were subject to further investigation under the Housing Act 1985.

I would be grateful if you could forward and information you hold of information relating to such dwellings in your local authority. Even if the information is limited it would be of great use. Some local authorities have provided lists showing the road, number and type to assist with identification.

Yours faithfully,

Steven Lees, BSc(Hons), MRICS

Fife Council

Good morning,

Your request has been forwarded onto our Information Co-ordinator who will contact you directly regarding your enquiry.

Kind Regards,

D McGuire
Customer Service
Customer Service Delivery
Fife Council
New City House
KY12 7EP

As a council we are continually looking to improve the level of customer service we provide. If you would like to give us feedback on how your email enquiry has been handled today, a customer survey is available Please use access code F4J2U to complete this short questionnaire.

Stay in touch and get the latest news through our top channels:
2. - from your mobile phone browser 3. 4.
5. Sky - channel 539, press red Virgin - press home, select interactive
6. Phone us on one of our dedicated phone lines

show quoted sections

Fife Council

Dear Steven Lees,


Thank you for your information request received on 24/11/2016 regarding Housing Construction our ref: 15401. This is being dealt with in terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

We are presently assessing your request and may be in touch soon to ask for further clarification or to offer advice and assistance if we are not able to fulfil your request in its present form.

The legislation allows us up to 20 working days from the date that we receive a valid request, including any clarification we require, to make a final response. We will be in touch within 20 working days of receipt of your initial request to provide our response or to seek clarification where necessary. We hope to provide you with the information you are looking for at an earlier date where possible.

Yours sincerely,
P Norcross

Patricia Norcross, Fife Council

1 Attachment

Dear Steven Lees,


ref 15401


I refer to your email dated and received 24/11/2016 regarding
Non-traditional residential housing.. 


I am pleased to attach the information you requested and trust that it
meets your requirements.


I would like to draw your attention to the copyright situation in relation
to the material.


The council holds the copyright for all of the material provided and it
may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring
specific permission. This is subject to the material not being used in a
derogatory manner or in a misleading context. The source of the material
must be acknowledged as Fife Council and the title of the document must be
included when being reproduced as part of another publication or service.


If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your request, you
have the right to request a review of the decision. Please write to: Head
of Legal Services, Finance & Corporate Services, Fife House, North Street,
Glenrothes, KY7 5LT or e-mail to [email address]. The law provides
for you to make this request up to 60 working days from when we received
your enquiry or 40 working days from when you receive this correspondence
whichever is the later date. Where the outcome of the review fails to
resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction you have the right to
apply to the Scottish Information Commissioner for a decision.


Fife Council will consider and seek to resolve any request to the Head of
Legal Services that falls outside these time scales.


Yours sincerely


P Norcross




show quoted sections


Visible links

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .