Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
This request concerns new powers being bestowed on Work Programme providers and and Community Work Placement providers contained in the following Orders:
1. The Jobseeker's Allowance (Community Work Placements) (Employment Officers) Designation 2014
2. The Jobseeker's Allowance (Work Programme) (Employment Officers) Designation 2014
'This Order...designate employees of specified organisations as employment officers for the purposes of requiring a claimant to apply for, or accept if offered, a situation in any employment which an employment officer has informed him is vacant or about to become vacant'
1. Please provide all information held concerning the manner in which a claimant must be informed of a vacant situation to apply for by an employment officer.
2. Please provide all information on what procedure an employment officer working for one of the organisations concerned must adhere to each time he or she informs a claimant to apply for a particular vacancy.
3. Please provide all information on how the DWP will record details of the jobs that these new employment officers inform claimants to apply for.
4. Please provide all information created by the DWP/Jobcentre Plus that has been passed to the organisations concerned on the subject of employment officers and their powers.
5. Please provide all guidance that has been created by DWP/Jobcentre Plus available to those soon to become employment officers in the organisations concerned.
6. Please provide details of the date on which the DWP will know the number of employment officers there will be working in each of the organisations listed in the Orders.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear Mr Roberts
Please see attached reply to your recent Freedom of Information request.
Business Management Team | Department for Work and Pensions | Contracted Operations Directorate | DWP Operations | Level 4 Rockingham House, 123 West Street, Sheffield S1 4ER | www.dwp.gov.uk | Please consider the environment before printing