NDA Agreements

Jake Hurfurt made this Freedom of Information request to NHS Jobs as part of a batch sent to 238 authorities

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

NHS Jobs did not have the information requested.

Dear NHS Jobs,

I am requesting the following under the 2000 FOI Act

- The number of exit agreements (resignations, dismissals, retirement etc) containing a Non Disclosure Agreement
- The total amount of money paid as lump sums (excluding any regular payments) as part of these agreements
- The largest sum paid for a single exit agreement by your Trust.

Please provide the information electronically in an Excel sheet where possible.

If it is not possible to provide the information requested please provide advice and assistance, under your Section 16 obligations, as to how I can refine my request to be included in the scope of the Act.

In any case, if you can identify ways that my request could be refined please provide further advice and assistance to indicate this.at the earliest opportunity as outlined in the ICO guidelines.

I look forward to your response within 20 working days, as stipulated by the Act.

If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me via email or phone and I will be happy to clarify what I am asking for, my details are outlined below.

Best wishes,

Jake Hurfurt


** Please be aware we are experiencing a high volume of emails and
therefore we apologise that there may be a delay in responding.**
Dear Customer,

Thank you for your email. **Please read the important information below**

Please refer to the information below on how the Customer Contact Centre
can help you.

Our normal working hours are 08:00 to 18:00 from Monday to Friday and we
regret the delay in reply over the non-working hours.
The Customer Contact Centre is experiencing a high volume of enquiries. We
aim to respond to all general enquiries within 10 working days. If you
have raised a new complaint, you will receive a separate acknowledgement
within 3 working days

In the meantime, you may find the following information helpful.

How can the Customer Contact Centre help me?
NHS England commissions or buys primary care services; for example, GPs,
dentists, opticians, and pharmacy services. We are also responsible for
prison healthcare, military health services, and some specialised
services. We can provide advice about accessing, giving feedback or making
a complaint about these services.
You may be able to find the answer you are looking for in our Frequently
Asked Questions<https://www.england.nhs.uk/contact-us/ho...>
and our website explains how to feedback or make a

What if I have an enquiry or complaint about hospital care, NHS 111 or
out-of-hours GP services?
If your enquiry or complaint is about secondary care, this includes
hospital care, NHS 111 services, mental health services, out-of-hours
services and community services such as district nursing you’ll need to
contact your local Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG). You can find their
contact details using the NHS Choices service

Do you provide medical advice?
No. Our advisors and not clinically trained and are unable to provide
medical advice. If you require emergency medical attention, dial 999 or
attend your local Accident and Emergency department if you are able to do
If you require non-urgent medical advice please contact your GP, local
walk-in or urgent healthcare centre, or call NHS 111. Calls are free from
landlines and mobile phones.

How do I report a change of name or address?
You should report a change of name or address to your GP practice so they
can update their records. If your new address is outside the practice’s
catchment area you may be asked to register with a new GP practice.
You should also advise your dentist or optician of a change of name or
address as they keep their own records.

Where can I find further information about NHS England?
You can find information about NHS England and our work on our

How we use your information: Our privacy notices explains how we use,
share and store your personal information. You can find this on the NHS
England website https://www.england.nhs.uk/privacy

show quoted sections


Dear Jake Hurfurt,  


Thank you for your communications dated 23 April 2019.


NHS England has assessed your communication as a request under the Freedom
of Information (FOI) Act 2000. As such, your request is being dealt with
under the terms of the FOI Act, and has been allocated the following
reference number: FOI-059091.


Your exact request was:


“I am requesting the following under the 2000 FOI Act


- The number of exit agreements (resignations, dismissals, retirement etc)
containing a Non Disclosure Agreement

- The total amount of money paid as lump sums (excluding any regular
payments) as part of these agreements

- The largest sum paid for a single exit agreement by your Trust.”


NHS England does not hold information in relation to your request.


It may help if we first explain that NHS England is not the same as ‘the
NHS in England’. The NHS in England is not a single organisation but is
made up of a range of organisations such as Hospitals, Clinical
Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and Ambulance Trusts. NHS England is
responsible for commissioning primary care services such as GP and dental
surgeries, as well as some specialised secondary care services. Therefore,
any recorded information NHS England may be able to provide in response to
an FOI request will generally relate to the services NHS England


For information on commissioned services and the types of information NHS
England holds can be found on our [1]website and [2]publication scheme.
For further information on the NHS, its structure and other NHS
organisations please refer to the NHS [3]website.


We note that your communication is addressed to NHS Jobs. NHS Jobs is
hosted by the NHS Business Services Authority (NHSBSA). As such, this
information may be held by NHSBSA. FOI requests to NHSBSA can be made
through their website at the following web link:


o [4]http://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/FreedomOfInform...


We hope this information is helpful. However, if you are dissatisfied, you
have the right to ask for an internal review. This should be requested in
writing within two months of the date of this letter. Your correspondence
should be labelled “Internal Review” and should outline your concerns
and/or the area(s) you would like the review to consider. Internal Review
requests should be sent to:


NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT


Email: [5][NHS Jobs request email]


Please quote the reference number FOI-059091 in any future communications.


If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) can be contacted at:


The Information Commissioner’s Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane





Telephone: 0303 123 1113

Email: [6][email address]  

Website: [7]www.ico.org.uk


Please note there is no charge for making an appeal.


Please be aware that in line with the Information Commissioner’s directive
on the disclosure of information under the FOI Act, your request will be
anonymised and published on our website as part of our disclosure log.


Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows: PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [8][NHS Jobs request email].


Yours sincerely,


Freedom of Information

Corporate Communications Team

Transformation and Corporate Operations Directorate


NHS England

PO Box 16738


B97 9PT


Tel: 0300 311 22 33

Email: [9][NHS Jobs request email]

show quoted sections