National Youth Agency and the MoD's Community Cadet Forces
Dear Ministry of Defence,
In a number of public statements across Social Media in recent months the MoD's Community Cadet Forces (CFs) have made frequent reference to National Youth Agency (NYA) guidance in respect of youth groups operating during the current COVID 19 pandemic.
On the NYA agency website at: https://nya.org.uk/guidance/ it states that the NYA is "the Professional Statutory and Regulatory Body for youth work in England"
Specifically I would like the following:
1) Any policy, framework agreements or Memorandums of Understanding that governs the relationship between Regional Command (RC) and the NYA.
2) Any policy or Memorandums of Understanding that states NYA are the agreed regulator for MOD Youth Work
3) Confirmation as to whether RC has taken any steps themselves in assessing risk in respect of return to training during the pandemic or if RC has relied purely on NYA guidance
4) Copies of any risk assessments produced by RC in respect a return to training
5) As the NYA operate only in England, from which agencies is advice being sought for the rest of the United Kingdom?
I also request under s16 (Advice and Assistance) to be provided with anything not covered by the above questions that would help any concerned parents understand the formal link between NYA and MOD.
Dear Mr Matthews,
Please find attached response to your FOI request of 28/09/20, reference
Defence People Secretariat
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now