Municipal waste collections information
DPatrick made this Freedom of Information request to Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council as part of a batch sent to 89 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear Solihull Metropolitan Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, I kindly request the following information in the context of domestic waste bin/sack collection services, as opposed to trade/commercial collections or waste disposal.
1. Are you currently in a partnership with other councils for waste IT system operations or procurement? If in a partnership please name the partner councils?
2. Do you currently operate waste services (collections) directly, or through a waste contractor such as Biffa, Suez or Veolia. If through a contractor, please name them.
3. Which of the IT systems below do you use for the management of day to day municipal bin collections:
b. Bartec Collective
c. AMCS Clear
e. Contender/Swift Datapro/Agile
f. Selected Interventions / Echo
g. Core (Suez)
i. Microsoft Excel or similar
j. No IT system
k. Other: [please name]
4. When is your current contract for the IT system OR outsourced waste contract for waste collections management due to expire?
5. Please provide contact information for the service manager responsible for waste collections.
I would like to thank you in advance for your help with this.
Mr D Patrick
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now