Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
I seek information relating to a MOU emanating from your Local Authority Partnership, Engagement and Delivery division titled:
'Memorandum of Understanding between the Department for Work and Pensions and local authorities Access, handling, exchange and protection of Department for Work and Pensions’, Home Office and HM Revenue and Customs’ data'
1. Please provide information relating to any assessment of the MOU for 2022/23. I am thinking of high-level documents summarising key issues used to determine the effectiveness of the MOU.
Compliance with the MOU
'2.4 If the LA wishes to use data made available by DWP for a specific purpose, for another purpose, it must complete the data sharing data re-use assessment template and submit it to DWPs’ LA-PED, before it does so. Further guidance is outlined within paragraph 4.3. LAs should contact: lawelfare.lasecurity [at] dwp.gov.uk'*
2. For the year 2022/23, please provide the number of completed templates you received from LAs wishing to use data made available by the DWP for a specific purpose.
3. Please provide a copy of the template.
'4.4 LAs will not onwardly disclose any data derived from DWP, HMRC and/or Home Office data without a response from DWP. LAs must complete the above template and email lawelfare.lasecurity [at] dwp.gov.uk.'
4. Please send me a copy of the template (I can't see it).
5. For the year 2022/23, please provide the number of times LAs contacted you about seeking to onwardly disclose data derived from DWP, HMRC and/or Home Office data.
'5.4 ...The Searchlight user guide is available via Glasscubes. LAs should ensure all users read this guidance before accessing the system.'
6. Please send me a copy of the guidance.
7. Please provide the number of bans you imposed on individuals alleged to have made unauthorised access or misused DWP, HMRC and/or Home Office data
'7.11 If any organisation is considering notifying the ICO of a breach involving data that originated with DWP, they must consult with DWP as soon as possible before doing so by emailing lawelfare.lasecurity [at] dwp.gov.uk'
8. For the year 2022/23, please provide the number of times organisations consulted with you regarding data breaches they were considering notifying the ICO about.
* @ replaced with [at]
Thank you for contacting the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been received by the DWP Freedom of Information mailbox and will be
Please note that this mailbox is for Freedom of Information (FOI) or
Internal Review (IR) requests only – If you have submitted a non FOI or IR
related email then we may not be able to action it.
Timescales for responding
Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests
If your email is a valid FOI request, as per Section 8 of the FOI Act
2000, you can normally expect a response within 20 working days.
Internal Review (IR) Requests
You can normally expect a response within 20 working days.
We will respond to all valid FOI and IR requests within our statutory
timescales, if we are unable to do so then we will contact you to explain
why. Please note that we are not able to process your FOI or IR request in
any shorter timescales that you may indicate.
Receiving a response from us
Please note that email FOI and IR responses will be issued from
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk by your email account
Should you have any further queries in connection with your FOI or IR
request please contact us.
More information on the DWP can be accessed on gov.uk here –
Dear J Roberts,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 1st
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now