Dear Sir, Madam or Another,
Firstly, I hope you have had a wonderful Easter break, this month.
I am writing to make a Freedom of Information Act 2000 request for the following:
The numbers of current airmen/women/person in recruits, regular and TA/reserve parts of the RAF, that have declared a disability. I use the Equality Act 2010 definition of disability.
Would you be kind enough to divide the results into groups and sub-groups, if possible. I have given examples below to guide you:
1. Physical impairment:
- Left Leg Amputee
- Lower Back Pain
2. Cognitive/Psychological impairment:
- Mental Health Condition
- Learning Disability
3. Sensory Impairment:
- Visually Impaired
- Hearing Impaired
4. Other Impairment, please state.
5. The number of people that have two or more difficulties in the same disability group (e.g. 7 airman have PTSD and OCD mental health conditions thus come under group two).
6. The number of people that fit into two or more different disability groups (e.g. a single airwoman has Tinnitus (hearing impairment) and Asthma (physical impairment)).
7. The number of people that due to their disability/ies have been reprimanded, disciplined and/or discharged by the RAF (e.g. 5 RAF servicemen medically discharged 2016-17 for PTSD).
If the MoD charges for any information, please state this before any details are released. Otherwise I hope to receive you full reply within twenty working days.
Please see the attached for the Ministry of Defence’s response to your
Freedom of Information request.
MOD Information Rights team