Dear Department for Transport,
My request relates to the Government Car Service
and its operations on Saturday 19th October 2019. I understand that the GCS is the responsibility of the Department of Transport, according to
1. On how many occasions was the Government Car Service NOT able to provide requested transport for Ministers and members of the Cabinet, as they left parliament after participating in proceedings on Saturday 19th October 2019? (numbers only please)
2. How many Ministers and members of the Cabinet requested such transport? (numbers only please)
3. How many Ministers or Cabinet members were unable to obtain their requested transport? (numbers only please)
4. What were the official reasons given for the non-availability of those GCS vehicles requested in Q3 above? (no personal details required)
6. Please indicate which government Departments were affected. (no personal details required).
7. How many GCS vehicles departed from Parliament to take Ministers or Cabinet members from Parliament to another destination, between noon and midnight on Saturday 19th October 2019? (numbers only required)
8. How many GCS vehicles providing transport for Ministers or Cabinet members were prevented from leaving Parliament by demonstrations or unusual traffic conditions, between noon and midnight on Saturday 19th October 2019? (numbers only required)
8. Please provide copies of any correspondence relating to the requisitioning of such transport and official explanations of its unavailability, with personal details redacted.
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your request for information which
has been allocated reference number P0017960.
A response will be issued to you in due course.
Department for Transport
FOI Advice Team
Sedlescombe Road North
St Leonards on Sea
Dear Mr Jones,
Please find attached the response to your request for information under
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 sent to the Department for Transport
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now