Dear Home Office,
In September 2003, Home Office employee, Simon Watkins (of the Covert Investigation Policy Team, Intelligence, and Security Liaison Unit), confirmed in a Home Office letter to Christians Against Mental Slavery, that the UK possessed microwave equipment that could be used as intrusive surveillance. In the Home Office letter, Simon Watkins stated that: ‘‘Much of the technology used to undertake intrusive surveillance is classified to protect the capability of law enforcement to continue deploying that technology to prevent and detect crimes.’’
In view of several complaints of microwave radiation attacks in the UK; the UK Police refusal to deny the use of microwave radiation in law enforcement; and in light of the Home Office's decision to allow the UK Police and their civilian counter-terrorism surveillance contract operatives to use intrusive microwave radiation device (I.e. ACU CPR 4 and Akela Stand Off), in law enforcement, please confirm the following in your freedom of Information response:
1. Confirm when the Home Office allowed the Police and civilian counter-terrorism surveillance contract operatives to use microwave radiation designed with through-the-wall sensor devices in law enforcement.
2. Confirm if the Home Office has any supervisory and oversight controls to ensure this equipment is only deployed during emergencies.
3. Confirm if the Home Office has issued any policy guidance to the UK Police Force regarding the use of the microwave radiation device with through the wall sensor.
4. Avail me with a copy of the policy.
5 Confirm if all the Police forces in the UK are equipped with microwave radiation device with through-the-wall sensor.
I look forward to your response
DR. STEPHEN MARVIN
Thank you for contacting the Home Office Freedom of Information Requests
This is to acknowledge receipt of your email.
Dear DR. Stephen Marvin,
Thank you for contacting the Home Office with your request.
This has been assigned to a caseworker (case ref 78526). The business area dealing with your request will aim to send you a full response by 03/10/2023 which is twenty working days from the date we received your request.
Please DO NOT reply to this email address. Correspondence to above email
will not be actioned.
If you wish to raise a Freedom of Information (FOI) request or related
matter, you must direct your enquiry to the Home Office Information Rights
Team at [Home Office request email]
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request.
Please find response to your query attached.
Freedom of Information
1. mailto:[Home Office request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now