Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
Can you please provide details of:-
1) Any Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training courses with a formal qualification your staff at all levels attend.
2) How many staff who hold a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training certificate are in each DWP office.
3) Do staff operating phone contact lines receive any Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training .
4) Which level of Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training is considered as acceptable for front line staff.
5) How often is Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training reviewed and assessed as being relevant to operational needs.
If you do not train staff in Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) training, can you provide the documents that clarify the reasoning as to why the training is unsuitable.
As this information would be held as its part of the H&SAWA 1974 to provide suitably qualified and certified first aiders, and it is not detrimental to operational needs financially or otherwise to provide the information; then any attempted use of the we don't have to disclose that information etc will not be accepted. This is not questioning either your legal obligations under Duty of Care.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
Dear Mark Bennett,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 11th
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now