I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information in regards to the mental heath resources at your university.
1. How many support service staff have been employed with a mental health remit (e.g. counselling, wellbeing) in each of the last 5 academic years. If a breakdown is not available for mental health staff, please provide a total for the closest possible category.
2. Budget for mental health support for each of the last 5 academic years, and where possible a breakdown on how that money is allocated, e.g. staff, marketing, equipment etc.
3. Number of students seeking mental health support in each of the last 5 academic years.
4. Average waiting time for mental health support in each of the last 5 academic years.
5. Any internal reports or reviews relating to mental health provision over the last 5 years.
Please provide the above information digitally, preferably in the form of an excel spreadsheet.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under your Section 16 obligations, as to how I can refine my request to be included in the scope of the Act.
In any case, if you can identify ways that my request could be refined please provide further advice and assistance to indicate this.
I look forward to your response within 20 working days, as stipulated by the Act.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to clarify what I am asking for.
Our Ref. FOI1665
Dear Kirsty Card,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request, received by email on
the 7^th December 2018.
We will now consider your request and you will receive the information
requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days, as defined by
the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information not being
exempt or containing reference to a third party.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment, and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you requested contains reference to a third party, then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
If you have any queries please contact us.
http://www.bangor.ac.uk/emailtpl/logo-a2... Tîm Cydymffurfio Compliance Team
Llywodraethu a Chydymffurfio Governance and Compliance
Gwasanaethau Corfforaethol Corporate Services
E-bost: [Bangor University request email] Email: [Bangor University request email]
Prifysgol Bangor, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG Bangor University, Bangor, Gwynedd, LL57 2DG
Elusen Gofrestredig: Rhif 1141565 Registered Charity: No. 1141565
FfRhA Aur TEF Gold
Our Ref. FOI1665
Dear Kirsty Card,
Further to your request for information, please could you clarify whether
questions 1, 2, 4 and 5 relate to Mental Health provision for students AND
staff, or just students?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now