I am writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to request the following information in regards to the mental heath resources at your university.
1. How many support service staff have been employed with a mental health remit (e.g. counselling, wellbeing) in each of the last 5 academic years. If a breakdown is not available for mental health staff, please provide a total for the closest possible category.
2. Budget for mental health support for each of the last 5 academic years, and where possible a breakdown on how that money is allocated, e.g. staff, marketing, equipment etc.
3. Number of students seeking mental health support in each of the last 5 academic years.
4. Average waiting time for mental health support in each of the last 5 academic years.
5. Any internal reports or reviews relating to mental health provision over the last 5 years.
Please provide the above information digitally, preferably in the form of an excel spreadsheet.
If it is not possible to provide the information requested due to the information exceeding the cost of compliance limits identified in Section 12, please provide advice and assistance, under your Section 16 obligations, as to how I can refine my request to be included in the scope of the Act.
In any case, if you can identify ways that my request could be refined please provide further advice and assistance to indicate this.
I look forward to your response within 20 working days, as stipulated by the Act.
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact me and I will be happy to clarify what I am asking for.
Dear Ms Card,
Thank you for your request for information. However, I note that you have addressed your request to Universities, but have sent the request to the Aneurin Bevan University Health Board, which I assume was in error. Although students are seen by the Mental Health Teams within the Health Board, we do not hold information specifically on students who are referred and would not able to identify students in isolation from other service users.
Rheolwr Gwasanaethau Corfforaethol - Rhyddid Gwybodaeth/Corporate Services Manager - Freedom of Information
Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Aneurin Bevan/Aneurin Bevan University Health Board
Ystafell 041, Pencadlys, Ysbyty Sant Cadog, Ffordd y Lodj, Caerllion, Casnewydd, NP18 3XQ/Room 041, Headquarters, St Cadoc's Hospital, Lodge Road, Caerleon, Newport, NP18 3XQ
E-bost/E-mail: [email address]
Ffôn/Tel: Extension 55956 or (01633) 435956 (external)
P Help save paper - do you need to print this e mail?
P Helpwch Achub Papur - Oes angen gennych printio mâs yr e-bost hwn?
Bwrdd Iechyd Prifysgol Aneurin Bevan yw enw gweithredol Bwrdd Iechyd Lleol Prifysgol Aneurin Bevan
Aneurin Bevan University Health Board is the operational name of Aneurin Bevan University Local Health Board
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now