Members' Register of Interests

The request was successful.

Dear Cheshire East Council,

When a councillor makes an entry in the Members' Register of Interests in respect of employment, partnerships, directorships, or interests, please can you confirm:

1. Whether the member is required to declare the full business or company name, as registered with a registrar or as required under the Companies Act, for each applicable organisation?

2. Whether the member is required to register employment, partnerships or directorships in connection with foreign companies?

Please supply a copy of your specific guidance to members in respect of this.

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Peter Harrison

FOI East, Cheshire East Council

Dear Sir/Madam


Thank you for your email.


It will be treated as a request for information within the meaning of the
Freedom of Information Act: this means that we will send you a full
response within 20 working days, either supplying you with the information
which you want, or explaining to you why we cannot supply it. If we need
any further clarification or there is any problem we will be in touch.


In the meantime if you wish to discuss this further please contact me. It
would be helpful if you could quote the log number 804163.


Yours sincerely


FOI East

Compliance Unit

Cheshire East Council

Tel 01270 686605


show quoted sections

JONES, Paul (Legal & Dem), Cheshire East Council

1 Attachment

Thank you for your recent email requesting information about the Members
Register of Interests.


Members are required to list every employment or business they carry on. 
They should give a short description of the employment or business
concerned, for example, “accountant” or “painter and decorator”. They are
required to specify the name of their employer, the name of any firm in
which they are a partner and the name of any company in which they are a
director. This would include direct employment with foreign companies.


A copy of the form used by Members is enclosed.


I trust this satisfies your request but if you are unhappy with the
service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a
complaint or request a review, under the Freedom of Information Act, you
should write to the Compliance Unit, Cheshire East Council, Westfields.
Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 1HZ.


If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the
ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints
procedure provided by the Council. The Information Commissioner can be
contacted at: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.




Paul Jones

Democratic Services Team Manager

Cheshire East Council

Westfields, Middlewich Road,
Sandbach, Cheshire.
CW11 1HZ.

Tel. 01270 686458




show quoted sections


Visible links

Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for your prompt and comprehensive response which has fully answered my query.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Harrison