Maternity provision for fixed-term post-doctoral researchers

The request was successful.

Dear Trinity College, Oxford,

I am trying to find out more about maternity provision for post-doctoral researchers in Cambridge and Oxford, and hope you can answer the following questions for me:

1) Does your college employ Junior Research Fellows, or have an equivalent paid fixed-term post-doctoral research position?

2) If so, are such researchers eligible for maternity leave and pay? Please give details of any existing policy, and whether it has been applied in the last five years.

3) If maternity leave is taken by a JRF or post-doctoral researcher on a fixed-term contract, is the duration of the position extended by an amount of time equivalent to the time taken as leave, so that research time and funding is not lost as a result of taking leave? Please provide any details.

Thanks in advance for any information you can give me.

Yours faithfully,

J Iqbal

Trinity College, Oxford

2 Attachments

I'm sorry to have to inform you that your message could not
be delivered to one or more recipients. It's attached below.

For further assistance, please send mail to postmaster.

If you do so, please include this problem report. You can
delete your own text from the attached returned message.

The mail system

<[Trinity College request email]>: host[] said:
550-RPT-UNK: Recipient unknown. Search at 550 (in
reply to RCPT TO command)

Sent request to Trinity College, Oxford again, using a new contact address.

Dear Trinity College, Oxford,

I have not yet received a response to my FOI request submitted to you on 10 January 2019. The law states that authorities must respond within 20 working days. Please could you get back to me as soon as possible?

Yours faithfully,

J Iqbal

Christopher Ferguson, Trinity College, Oxford

1 Attachment

Please see below for responses to your FOI request. Please accept my
apologies for the delay in replying.


The College has an internal review procedure. If you are not happy with
our response and wish to appeal the decision, you may request an internal
review by writing to Jennifer Cable, Executive Assistant to the Bursars,
Trinity College, Broad Street, Oxford, OX1 3BH, explaining your request
and your reasons for seeking a review. 


If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review, you may then
seek an independent review from the Information Commissioner under the
Freedom of Information Act by email or by writing to:


The Information Commissioner

Wycliffe House


Cheshire SK9 5AF



Best Regards,


Chris Ferguson

Fellow and Estates Bursar

Trinity College



Tel: 01865 279880 or mobile 07748 334567


[1]website and publications header



show quoted sections