Dear Accrington St Christopher’s CE High School,
1. Please could you provide data for the total spend on marketing and public relations activities in the academic years since academy conversion to date.
2. Please could you also provide a breakdown of the total marketing/PR spend using the following categories:
-printed media (e.g. letters and leaflets)
-advertising (including posters and banners)
-consultation (of parents)
-public relations representation (to secure local or national print or broadcast media coverage or manage unfavourable media coverage, for example.)
3. Please could you confirm whether you employ a full or part-time member of staff with responsibility for external public relations, marketing or communications. If so, please provide a figure for their annual salary (before tax) and any additional benefits such as pensions or bonuses.
4. Please could you confirm whether you have engaged the services of an education consultancy, during the last six years, for the purposes of public relations/marketing and/or to generate media coverage (print or broadcast) or manage unfavourable coverage.
If so, please provide the name of the organisation or individual, plus details of their duties and responsibilities, as per the contractual agreement. Please also provide details of how much they have been paid to date including any monthly or annual retainers.
If the consultancy has been arranged via a third party i.e.
consultants, project management companies or contractors, please provide the full name of the organisation and their duties and responsibilities, as per the contractual agreement. Please also provide details of how much they have been paid to date, including any monthly or annual retainers.
Dear Mr Waring
Please find detailed below the details requested for marketing and PR in Accrington St Christopher's CE High school as requested by your freedom of information request on 17th January 2013. This information relates to information available in school since conversion to Academy status relating to financial year September 2011 - August 2012. (2012 - 2013 is not yet finalised.)
1. Total spend on marketing and public relations in the academic year 2011 - 2012 was £18557
2. Breakdown of costs:
Social media 0
Printed media £13,460
Consultation for marketing purposes 0
Photography - in-house only 0
Public relations 0
3. No one person was employed (full or part time) to carry out/be responsible for public relations, marketing or communications (if we did, please note that I would not supply salary information due to data protection).
4. No the school has not engaged the services of an education consultancy during the last six years for public relations/marketing and/or to generate media coverage (print or broadcast) or manage unfavourable coverage.
I trust this is satisfactory
Please note that any future freedom of information requests from you will incurr the cost of £10.00 per request. This will be invoiced and payment in full is required to be cleared in our bank account prior to the start of any request being fulfilled. This includes additional questions relating to a previous Freedom of information request which will be treated as a separate request.
Dear Pam Haralambos,
'Marketing and PR' http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ma... via @whatdotheyknow
Dear Pam Haralambos,
Please accept my apologies in my delay in this response; I have just noticed that there would be a cost incurred which appear specific to me, of ten pounds per request where future requests are made.
Please could you detail this for me; and on what basis do you intend to charge?
I do not seem to be able to see a schedule charges on your website, I apologise if it is there.
Thank you for your correspondence.
To clarify the situation. We do have a schedule of charges which is up to £10 for basic photocopying etc. obviously this is for hard copy information specifically. We state this in our Freedom of Information policy (currently in draft form). We keep all our policies in files in school in hard copy however we are in the process of redeveloping our website (as you can probably tell) and this should be up and running by September in all its glory! We have done this specifically in order to improve our communications especially with regard to access to policies and information for parents, staff and the wider community. We always review and update policies at this time of year and this year is no exception we are working towards a timetable of September on the website.
Dear Pam Haralambos,
Thank you very much for your reply and I now understand why I couldn't see the schedule for payment as it's not quite up on the website yet. Though I'm still a little confused I think this particular exchange has been electronic and a request for data in electronic form rather than photocopying, admittedly you do refer to "my future requests" in a previous reply.
"The ICO model publication scheme requires any fee to be justified, transparent and kept to a minimum for communicating the information, such as photocopying and postage. We do not consider it reasonable to charge for providing information online;"
Ten pounds for photocopying sounds a little expensive, and I wondered if you could break that particular cost down in more detail? is this per sheet or per request?
Thank you I understand your points exactly, the charge is as you say is for hard copy information only unless i need to access in hard copy form before I reply via email and, it was as you say for future requests.
Sent from my iPhone
This email has been checked for known viruses.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now