Dear Ministry of Defence,
I am a Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society, and am conducting research into the various approval processes and audits for the RAF's Air Cadet Organisation (ACO) fleet of Viking T1 and Vigilant T1 gliders.
I request that you supply me with all relevant documents held relating to the MAA' s MAOS approval of Serco Ltd's Glider Maintenance System, which was initially located at RAF Syerston, carrying out Vigilant recovery work. I also request documents relating to the MAA's MAOS waivers and approvals issued for Southern Sailplanes Ltd, who were under subcontract to Babcock Ltd for Viking recovery work carried out at SS premises at Membury.
I further request that you send me a copy of the MoD's Technical Airworthiness Authority's (TAA) (UK MFTS PT)revised Safety Assessments for the Vigilant and Viking aircraft.
I further request that you supply me with the relevant Routine Technical instructions (RTIs) that were issued to support the recovery of the Viking and Vigilant aircraft fleets
These documents should include, but not be limited to:
1. The report of the MAA MAOS MRP Pt 145 Approval audit carried out at Serco on or about 22-23 Dec 2014
2. Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) and Corrective action Reports (CAPs) arising from this audit, and any other CAPs and CARs issued until end 2015. This should include, but not be limited to, MAA MAOS CAR 1501 dated 5 Jan 2015.
3. The report from the MAA's subsequent MRP Pt 145 audit on Serco (MAA-15-MAOS-1501-1) dated around July 2015
4. MAA's MAOS Waiver document for Southern Sailplanes, (MAA AWE 2015 034), and any audit reports associated with issuance of this waiver. I also request audit reports and approvals leading to any subsequent MAOS MRP Pt 145 approvals for Southern Sailplanes.
5. The TAA's (UK MFTS PT) Vigilant Safety Assessment Report as signed by the UK MFTS TAA in or about Dec 2014
6. The TAA's (UK MFTS PT) Viking Safety Assessment Report as signed by the UK MFTS TAA in or about September 2015
7. Viking RTI 22 (Initial Issue and all subsequent amendments or reissues)
8. Vigilant RTI 37 (Initial Issue and all subsequent amendments or reissues)
Dear Mr George
Thank you for your email.
Your request has been logged under our reference FOI2018/00480 and the
target date for response is 8 Feb 2018.
Dear Mr George
Please find attached response to FOI requests FOI2018/00480,
FOI2018/00481, FOI2018/00551 & FOI2018/00554