Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
I am looking to update my research regarding what software solutions are currently used to manage and track FOI, Subject Access and other DPA/GDPR related disclosure requests and would be most grateful if you would provide me, under the Freedom of Information Act, the following details.
The details I require are:
• What, if any, software is used for managing and tracking FOI, Subject Access, DPA disclosure requests and complaints?
• If purchased software is used, what was the start date, duration and value of the contract?
• Is there an extension clause in the contract and, if so, the duration of the extension?
• Has a decision been made yet on whether the contract is are being either extended or renewed?
• Who is the senior person/s (outside of procurement) responsible for managing the FOI, Subject Access, DPA disclosure request process?
Thank you for your help.
Mr Ewan Owen
Thank you for contacting the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been received by the DWP Freedom of Information mailbox and will be
Please note that this mailbox is for Freedom of Information (FOI) or
Internal Review (IR) requests only – If you have submitted a non FOI or IR
related email then we may not be able to action it.
Timescales for responding
Freedom of Information (FOI) Requests
If your email is a valid FOI request, as per Section 8 of the FOI Act
2000, you can normally expect a response within 20 working days.
Internal Review (IR) Requests
You can normally expect a response within 20 working days.
We will respond to all valid FOI and IR requests within our statutory
timescales, if we are unable to do so then we will contact you to explain
why. Please note that we are not able to process your FOI or IR request in
any shorter timescales that you may indicate.
Receiving a response from us
Please note that email FOI and IR responses will be issued from
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk by your email account
Should you have any further queries in connection with your FOI or IR
request please contact us.
More information on the DWP can be accessed on gov.uk here –
Dear Ewan Owen,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 28th
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now