Management of Consortia Boards
mary hartley made this Freedom of Information request to Isle of Axholme and North Nottinghamshire Water Level Management Board
Dear Isle of Axholme and North Nottinghamshire Water Level Management Board,
I refer to your letter dated 15th August Ref: Fe/1/1-11 AM/CBD in response to my request of 24th July, which raises further questions. I will retain the original question numbering.
1. Please clarify "Management", what positions are involved and how are those costs recharged to the Board?
1(b) Are time sheets completed for all work done by Management in the provision of Consortium services?
1(c) Does the Board have a workforce that is directed by Lead Board Management?
1(d) Does the Board exercise control over Lead Board Management? How is that control expressed?
2. As no specification was drafted against which services were tendered, how does the Board know that using a Consortium approach provides the Board with best expertise and value for money?
6. Isle of Axholme and North Nottinghamshire WLMB became a legal entity in 2011. Did those Boards all use a Consortia approach? If that is the case, how long since any of the pre-amalgamation Boards tender for services?
7. An internal audit function does not ascertain whether value for money is being obtained, it comments on governance and compliance with Financial Regulations etc., the Board Financial Regulation 4.3 refers. I would ask the question again, how does the Board measure value for money?
Response to additional question 1 your letter 15th August:
1. What drains are maintained by the Board that fall within the urban area of the Board's district for which 62% of Board income is derived?
Questions regarding Board Minutes.
Meeting 8 May 2011 Minute 8.1 refers to a Steering Group. Please provide copies of all Steering Group Minutes leading to Board amalgamation.
14. Staffing - having had sight of the document referred to, please confirm all staff employed directly by the Board and those involved with Consortium Management salaries all fall within the pay spines up to spine 47 in the ADA Lincolnshire Branch terms and conditions of pay.
Health & Safety Policy. The staffing structure document does not define the Health & Safety Officer to the Board. Please confirm the Board has a suitably qualified competent person to whom employees report.
Meeting 8 November 2011 Finance Committee 8 September 2011 Minute 4 - Consortium working - NAIDB had joined the Consortium, Minutes note discussions about the future amalgamation into Trent Valley - "Members were pleased with the new arrangements.....by reducing overheads" The suggestion is that following amalgamation the new Board will become part of the Consortium. How did/could NAIDB review Consortia for the new Board when they were only one of a number amalgamating?
Minute 4.4 Reference is made to Consortium Committee - please provide Minutes
Plant & Compensation Committee 27 October 2011 7 Private Works - please confirm the hourly rates include depreciation cost of plant & equipment, fuel used together with true staff hourly rates to include salary, National Insurance contributions and employer pension contributions. Please confirm when working for third parties a true reflection of cost including administration is included in the price given.