Dear Trent Valley Internal Drainage Board,
I refer to your response to y FOI dated 24th July, of 15th August and have the following further questions. I have retained the initial numbering for ease of response:
1. Trent Valley IDB was constituted in April 2012, was the present management involved with any of the pre amalgamation Boards?
1(b) How was it agreed the Board would join the Consortium? Please provide Minutes of Meetings from a Steering Group or Shadow Board at which this was discussed.
2. Which third party organisation undertook soft market testing on behalf of the Board? Was a written specification provided against which soft market testing was undertaken? How many different options were sought? How did the Board quantify its decision to join a consortium? What were the drivers to quantify the Board decision i.e. quality, price?
3. The first year of the Board was 2012/13. If tenders or quotations were submitted as in 2 above, how did the fee of £107,000 consortium recharge compare to tender prices previously given?
4. How does the figure for Consortium management compare with tender prices received under the soft market testing for 2012/13. Did any of those soft market bodies/companies approached offer a fixed fee?
5(a) Please supply full Minutes from any Shadow Board/Steering Group meeting at which decisions were made.
(b) How many third parties expressed interest - who was approached?
6. How many third parties made proposals, were any of the proposals at fees or prices less than £107,000?
7(a) Internal Auditor - Internal audit does not consider value for money, it comments on internal governance and compliance with financial regulations. I repeat the question, how does the Board measure value for money against the provided service?
(b) What are the key performance indicators against which the management service is measured?
Meeting 3 April 2012 4 Apologies. P Baines had taken the appointment at Newark suggests this person was previously known to all. Was this the case, was the position advertised?
10. Delegated Authority - Trent Valley IDB does not have a Chief Executive or Engineer yet the Board has approved delegated authority for financial payments, appointing staff etc? How is it possible that one public body can delegate its financial authority to another public body?
Meeting 24 May 2012 16.3 Website - is being updated. When will that be done? The website has a paucity of information.
Meeting 31 January 2013 Income and Expenditure "Support Services" refer to estimates in the region of £124,000 for Consortium charges. How does this figure compare to the original estimated cost of Consortium charges to the Board. What figure had other interested parties proposed for Management?
Meeting 21 March 2013 Water Management Consortium Minute 2. "Members felt the Consortium's officers should keep a low profile in the matter". I understand from this that Consortium charges have not complied with EU Procurement regulations or the Public Contract Regulations. Please confirm.
Please find attached a response to your query dated 2^nd October 2013
together with enclosures.
This e-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential and intended solely
for the individual to whom it is addressed. The views expressed are that of the
author and do not constitute or imply the endorsement or recommendation of the
Lindsey Marsh Drainage Board. If you are not the intended recipient please
inform the sender immediately.
Whilst the Board does run anti virus software, you are solely responsible for
ensuring that any e-mail or attachment you receive is virus free and the Board
disclaims any liability for any damage you suffer as a consequence of receiving
Lindsey Marsh Drainage Board, Wellington House, Manby Park, Manby, Louth,
Lincolnshire, LN11 8UU.
Telephone: 01507 328095. Facsimile: 01507 328097.
E-Mail: [email address].
1. mailto:[email address]
Dear Carol Davies,
I would draw your attention to the Information Commissioners Office and the FAQ "what makes a request valid" available at: http://www.ico.org.uk/for_organisations/.... The FOI 2000 covers information, not documents therefore all the points raised in my request are valid. Can you please also direct me to the Board's Publication Scheme in accordance with Board obligations as a Non Departmental Government Body
I await your full response as a matter of urgency.
Dear Mrs Hartley
Please find attached a letter and attachment in response to your e-mail below.
Please find attached the response to your e-mail below.
PA to A. McGill, CEO
Trent Valley Internal Drainage Board
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now