Dear Engineering Construction Industry Training Board,
Please find below my FOI request regarding malicious emails sent to the department.
The date range for the requests is from 2018 to present day. The data shall include a breakdown by year and by individual departments (e.g. separate departments, agencies, or public bodies within the main government agency), if applicable.
1. How many malicious emails have been successfully blocked?
2. What percentage of malicious emails were opened by staff?
3. What percentage of malicious links in the emails were clicked on by staff?
4. How many ransomware attacks were blocked by the department?
5. How many ransomware attacks were successful?
After consideration by our IT department unfortunately we cannot respond to your request .
The cost of responding would reasonably exceed £450 and/or for some of those questions we do not hold data from 2018 to present.
On behalf of the FOI team
Good afternoon Avril,
Thank you for your response.
I wonder whether, to reduce costs, you could supply the information for question 1 (How many malicious emails have been successfully blocked?) and just for 2020 and 2021.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now