Dear Merton Borough Council,
1. What has your borough done to increase in-house foster carers?
2. Have you undertaken a financial evaluation of the in-house service over IFA provision? If so, please share the outcome?
3. How have you undertaken specific action to retain and sustain your in-house foster carers?
4. How have you overcome situations where you have not been able to place with either in-house or IFA foster carers?
5. Do you purchase block residential placements? If so, how many? Is this a managed service (i.e. a children’s home solely for your authority) or just a number of places within a home in your area?
6. How many LAC did you have as at 28/02/18?
7. Do you have an IFA framework? If so, has this been a successful exercise and/or what has been the learning?
8. Has your borough been part of a collaborative partnership arrangement with other boroughs for the provision of placements for children and young people? If so, please describe the co-partnership model? How effective has it been in providing placements for your Looked After Chlldren?
9. How have you met the need for placements for children and young people with very high levels of challenging needs and behaviours?
10. What proportion of children have placed out of borough in 2017/18 due to a lack of suitable provision within your borough?
Thank you for your email message. We aim to respond to all requests under
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and Environmental Information
Regulations 2004 within 20 working days.
More information about the way we deal with information requests is on our
web site at www.merton.gov.uk/foi.
Information Governance Team
London Borough of Merton.
020 8545 4634
Please find attached our response to your FOI request
Head of Access to Resources and CWD
Morden SM4 5DX
020 8545 3065
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now