I am writing to you to request the following information:
1) Can the council confirm their current number of Long Term Empty Domestic Properties as of the 20th May (those properties which have been empty for six months or older)
2) What work is the council currently undertaking or planning to undertake around reducing their long term empty properties in 2019?
3) During 2018 did you undertake any work around reducing your Long Term Empty Properties. If you did was this done using internal resource or a third party?
4) If yes is the answer to question three, did the council review every single long term property
5) Does the reduction of empty homes in the council area form part of your Housing strategy?
6) Does the council have a budget in place to help support the reduction of empty properties?
7) How much did the council spend on temporary accommodation during 2018?
8) Does the council offer financial support /loans to Long Term Empty property owners to help them bring properties back into use?
Thank you very much,
E-mail: [Leicester City Council request email]
Our Ref: FOI 18446
Date: 22^nd May 2019
Mr Rhys Thomas
[FOI #578024 email]
Dear Mr Thomas,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
Thank you for your email of 21^st May 2019 requesting information about
long term empty properties.
Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.
If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact me.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Information Governance Apprentice
Information Governance and Risk
4^th Floor, Rutland Wing
115 Charles Street
2. mailto:[Leicester City Council request email]
3. mailto:[FOI #578024 email]
Dear Mr Thomas
Please find attached Leicester City Council’s response to your recent
Freedom of Information Act request.
Information Governance Officer
Email: [Leicester City Council request email]
1. mailto:[Leicester City Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now