Dear Torbay Borough Council,
I am writing to you to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1) Can the council confirm their current number of Long Term Empty Properties as of the 8th May (those domestic properties which have been empty for six months or older)
2) What work is the council currently undertaking or planning to undertake around reducing their long term empty properties in 2019?
3) During 2018 did you undertake any work around reducing your Long Term Empty Properties. If you did was this done using internal resource or a third party?
4) If yes is the answer to question three, did the council review every single long term property
5) Does the reduction of empty homes in the council area form part of your Housing strategy?
6) Does the council have a budget in place to help support the reduction of empty properties?
7) How much did the council spend on temporary accommodation during 2018?
8) Does the council offer financial support /loans to Long Term Empty property owners to help them bring properties back into use?
Dear Ms Bell
Thank you for your request for information, which was received on 17 May
2019. We are currently processing your request and will contact you within
20 working days.
If you have any queries regarding your request, please do not hesitate to
contact us, quoting the reference number above in all communications.
Torquay Town Hall
*: [email address]
The Information Compliance Team will aim to acknowledge correspondence
within 3 working days unless a restriction is in place.
Dear Ms Bell
Further to your request received on 17 May 2019, I confirm that Torbay
Council has now considered your request under the Freedom of Information
Our response is attached.
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your
own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for
the purpose of news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial
publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder.
If you have any queries about this email please do not hesitate to contact
me directly, quoting the reference number listed at the top of this letter
in all communications.
If you are unhappy with the Council’s response to your request you may
request an Internal Review, your request must be made in writing setting
out the reasons you are unhappy within 40 working days of receiving the
response, you can request an Internal Review by writing to Information
Compliance, Town Hall, Castle Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR.
If after going through the Council’s Internal Review process you are still
not satisfied, you can contact the Information Commissioner direct.
Information Helpline: 0303 123 1113
Commissioner 01625 545 745
Wycliffe [email address]
Water Lane Website:
Information Compliance Support Officer
Please note: Communications with Torbay Council may be monitored and/or
recorded for lawful purposes. This electronic email is confidential and
may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please
notify the sender, and please delete the message from your system
immediately. The views in this message are personal; they are not
necessarily those of Torbay Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now