Local offer

Mark Harwood made this Freedom of Information request to Dorset County Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Dorset County Council,

As part of the Government Green paper (Support and Aspiration) the government has outlined a new approach to special educational needs and disability. As part of this initiative the government requires all local authorities in England to set out a Local Offer.

The purpose of the Local Offer is to enable parents and young people to see more clearly what services are available to them in their area and how to access them.

Please provide answers to the following questions

1. What is your local authority currently offering for online advice and guidance for Local Offer?

2. What is the name of the person who is leading on the Local Offer within your Local Authority? Please also provide their job title.

Yours faithfully,

Mark Harwood

Freedom of Information, Dorset County Council

We acknowledge receipt of your request for information.
This will now be passed to the relevant area(s) of the authority and a
response sent within 20 working days.
If for any reason we cannot respond in full within 20 days, we will let

Please ensure all responses to this mail are addressed to
[Dorset County Council request email] .


"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard
the content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be
aware that all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation."

Freedom of Information, Dorset County Council

Dear Mr Harwood
I am writing further to your email below. I will take each of your questions in turn.

1. As far as the Local Offer is concerned we do not have anything up and running yet on Dorset For You (our website), but we are working pan-Dorset.
2. Lyn Frith ([email address])

If you are not completely satisfied with my response, please contact me again, or write to the complaints officer at: Dorset County Council, County Hall, Colliton Park, Dorchester, Dorset DT1 1XJ. Or you can follow the complaints procedure that can be found on our website www.dorsetforyou.com at If your appeal is not resolved to your satisfaction, you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision.

Yours sincerely

Freedom of Information Team
Dorset County Council

show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .