Local authority pension fund investments in an XLS spreadsheet

Felicity Monk made this Freedom of Information request to Fife Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Fife Council,

Under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act I would like to request the following information as an XLS (Microsoft Excel) spreadsheet.

1. List of investments of the local authority pension fund

Please provide a list of the Fife Council Pension Fund’s investments for the end of the 2015-16 financial year, or if this is not available, the most recently available data, in an XLS spreadsheet.

For each investment, please provide the asset class. For equity investments please include the full name of individual equities, the quantity of each share held, and the total and unit value of each equity.

2. Fund managers

Please provide a list of any external managers and/or advisors employed by the local authority for the purposes of managing pension fund assets, with a copy of the corresponding procurement brief and the total cost of their services for the corresponding financial year.

For your information please note this data is being requested as part of a research project organised by Friends of the Earth Scotland, Friends of the Earth (England, Wales and Northern Ireland), 350.org, Community Re:Invest and Platform London.

Yours faithfully,

Flick Monk
Researcher on Unconventional Fossil Fuels
Friends of the Earth Scotland
(+44) 0131 243 2706

Fife Council

Dear Flick Monk ,


Thank you for your information request regarding Fife Council Pension Fund our ref: 15240. This is being dealt with in terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

We are presently assessing your request and may be in touch soon to ask for further clarification or to offer advice and assistance if we are not able to fulfil your request in its present form.

The legislation allows us up to 20 working days from the date that we receive a valid request, including any clarification we require, to make a final response. We will be in touch within 20 working days of receipt of your initial request to provide our response or to seek clarification where necessary. We hope to provide you with the information you are looking for at an earlier date where possible.

Yours sincerely,
P Norcross

Patricia Norcross, Fife Council

3 Attachments

Dear Flick  Monk ,




I refer to your information request regarding Local Authority Pension Fund
Investments, our ref 15240. 


I am pleased to attach the information you requested and trust that it
meets your requirements.


I would like to draw your attention to the copyright situation in relation
to the material.


The council holds the copyright for all of the material provided and it
may be reproduced free of charge in any format or media without requiring
specific permission. This is subject to the material not being used in a
derogatory manner or in a misleading context. The source of the material
must be acknowledged as Fife Council and the title of the document must be
included when being reproduced as part of another publication or service.



If you are not satisfied with the way we have handled your request, you
have the right to request a review of the decision. Please write to: Head
of Legal Services, Finance & Corporate Services, Fife House, North Street,
Glenrothes, KY7 5LT or e-mail to [email address]. The law provides
for you to make this request up to 60 working days from when we received
your enquiry or 40 working days from when you receive this correspondence
whichever is the later date. Where the outcome of the review fails to
resolve the matter to your complete satisfaction you have the right to
apply to the Scottish Information Commissioner for a decision.


Fife Council will consider and seek to resolve any request to the Head of
Legal Services that falls outside these time scales.


Yours sincerely

P Norcross


Information Request Team




show quoted sections

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .