Dear Ashford Borough Council,
Could you answer the following questions please?
1. Which department is responsible for enforcing against Littering?
2. Do you use a private company to enforce against Littering?
3. If you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the name of the private company?
4. What is the full price of a Littering Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
5. Do you have a discounted price for a littering FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
6. How many FPNs did you issue for littering in 2018?
7. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2018 were paid?
8. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2018 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
9. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2018 were for smoking-related materials e.g. Cigarette butts, rolled up cigarettes or Cigars?
10. Could you confirm which department is responsible for enforcing against Dog Fouling?
11. Do you use a private company to enforce against Dog Fouling?
12. If you answered yes to question 11, could you confirm the name of the private company?
13. What is the legislation you enforce Dog Fouking under? e.g. Dog Control Order, fouling of land act or PSPO etc.
14. How many FPNs did you issue for Dog Fouling in 2018?
15. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2018 were paid?
16. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2018 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
17. Do you enforce against any other Dog Control Orders or PSPO’s that are dog related?
18. What is the full price of a Dog Fouling FPN?
19. Do you have a discounted price for a Dog Fouling FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
20. How many Parks do you have within the local authority boundary
21. If you have answered yes to questions 2 and 11, could you confirm the contract end date?
Mr G Brady
Thank you for submitting a Freedom of Information request. Your email will
be processed by the Freedom of Information and Data Protection team.
We endeavour to respond to all Freedom of Information requests within 20
working days. If we require anything further from you we will be in
Freedom of Information Team
Ashford Borough Council
Data Protection - Ashford Borough Council is the data controller for any
personal information collected during the process of making an information
request. Your information will be used to administrate your request, and
processing is being conducted relying upon the legal obligation placed
upon the council by either the Freedom of Information or Environmental
Information Regulations. Your data may be shared with other departments
within the council for the purpose of responding to your request. We will
not share your information with any third parties unless we are required
or permitted to do so by law. Your information will be retained along with
your request for 4yrs. For more information about your data protection
rights please see the Council’s data protection pages which can be found
at www.ashford.gov.uk or contact the Data Protection Officer at, The
Data Protection Officer, Ashford Borough Council, Civic Centre, Tannery
Lane, Ashford TN23 1PL.
Please find attached responses to your questions in red.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now