Litter and Dog Fouling Figures 2019 (West Midlands)
M Mounty made this Freedom of Information request to Worcester City Council as part of a batch sent to 28 authorities
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear Worcester City Council,
Could you answer the following questions please?
1. Which department is responsible for enforcing against Littering?
2. Do you use a private company to enforce against Littering?
3. If you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the name of the private company?
4. if you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the contract end date?
5. If you answered yes to question 2, could you provide me with a copy of the contract?
6. What is the full price of a Littering Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
7. Do you have a discounted price for a littering FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
8. How many FPNs did you issue for littering in 2019?
9. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2019 were paid?
10. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
11. Could you confirm which department is responsible for enforcing against Dog Fouling?
12. Do you use a private company to enforce against Dog Fouling?
13. If you answered yes to question 11, could you confirm the name of the private company?
14. What is the legislation you enforce Dog Fouking under? e.g. Dog Control Order, fouling of land act or PSPO etc.
15. How many FPNs did you issue for Dog Fouling in 2019?
16. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2019 were paid?
17. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
18. Do you enforce against any other Dog Control Orders or PSPO’s that are dog related?
19. What is the full price of a Dog Fouling FPN?
20. Do you have a discounted price for a Dog Fouling FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
I am writing in response to a Freedom of Information request that you
submitted to Worcester City Council via the What Do They Know website. It
has recently come to the attention of the Council that a number of email
requests submitted to us have not been received.
This issue has been investigated and rectified. However we are now aware
that a number of historic requests on What Do They Know have unfortunately
gone unanswered due to this issue.
Please accept our sincerest apologies that we have not responded to your
request, and for the significant period of time that has elapsed between
you submitting the request and us becoming aware of this problem. We
understand that the information you requested may no longer be of value to
you, however should you still wish to request this information or submit a
different request, you can do so using our webform which is available via
the link below:
Worcester City Council takes its responsibilities under the Freedom of
information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations very
seriously, and strives to respond to any requests made under this
legislation within the statutory timescales. Please be assured that your
experience in this case is not reflective of the Council’s attitude
towards access to information and transparency, and any future requests
that you submit to us will be responded to appropriately and promptly.
Worcester City Council
STAY ALERT > CONTROL THE VIRUS > SAVE LIVES
Worcester City Council - delivering excellent services for Worcester
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now