Dear Medway Council,
Which department is responsible for enforcing against Littering?
2. Do you use a private company to enforce against Littering?
3. If you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the name of the private company?
4. if you answered yes to question 2, could you confirm the contract end date?
5. If you answered yes to question 2, could you provide me with a copy of the contract?
6. What is the full price of a Littering Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN)?
7. Do you have a discounted price for a littering FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
8. How many FPNs did you issue for littering in 2019?
9. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2019 were paid?
10. How many FPNs issued for Littering in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
11. Could you confirm which department is responsible for enforcing against Dog Fouling?
12. Do you use a private company to enforce against Dog Fouling?
13. If you answered yes to question 11, could you confirm the name of the private company?
14. What is the legislation you enforce Dog Fouking under? e.g. Dog Control Order, fouling of land act or PSPO etc.
15. How many FPNs did you issue for Dog Fouling in 2019?
16. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2019 were paid?
17. How many FPNs issued for Dog Fouling in 2019 were prosecuted for failing to pay the FPN?
18. Do you enforce against any other Dog Control Orders or PSPO’s that are dog related?
19. What is the full price of a Dog Fouling FPN?
20. Do you have a discounted price for a Dog Fouling FPN and if yes, how long is the discounted period? e.g. The FPN will be discounted to £50 if paid within 10 days.
Thank you for contacting Medway Council. This response is to acknowledge your email has been received. If this is an initial request for information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 or Environmental Information Regulations 2004, you can expect to receive a response within 20 working days.
If your email relates to a current request for information, your email will be forwarded to the relevant case officer.
Should your email be because you are dissatisfied with the way we have processed your request the Council has an internal review process and your email will be forwarded to the Information Governance Team for review, you should receive a response within 20 working days.
If you remain dissatisfied you have the right to appeal to the Information Commissioners' Office (ICO) www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
Information Governance Apprentice
Legal Services - Medway Council & Gravesham Borough Council
Tel: 01634 33(4465)
Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4RT
Email, and any attachments, may contain Protected or Restricted information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed. It may contain sensitive or protectively marked material and should be handled accordingly.
Nothing in this email message amounts to a contractual or other legal commitment on the part of Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council. If this Email has been misdirected, please notify the author immediately. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on any of the information contained in it or attached, and all copies must be deleted immediately.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to try to identify any software viruses, any attachments to this Email may nevertheless contain viruses which our anti-virus software has failed to identify. You should therefore carry out your own anti-virus checks before opening any documents. Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council will not accept any liability for damage caused by computer viruses emanating from any attachment or other document supplied with this e-mail.
All Medway Council and Gravesham Borough Council and PSN traffic may be subject to recording and / or monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation.
Our Ref: DocumentOwner\MFOI011721\DocumentRef
Please find attached response to MFOI011792.
Reece McCarthy | Assistant Waste Contracts Officer | Medway Council
Gun Wharf, Dock Road, Chatham, ME4 4TR (SatNav ME4 4TX)
Tel: 01634 333004 | Twitter: @medway_council | Facebook: Medway
This transmission is intended for the named addressee (s) only and may
contain sensitive or protectively marked material up to RESTRICTED and
should be handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or
authorised to receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or
disclose it to anyone else. If you have received this transmission in
error please notify the sender immediately.
This email has been scanned for viruses and all reasonable precautions
have been taken to ensure that none are present. Medway Council cannot
accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the use of his
email or attachments. Any views expressed in this email are those of the
individual sender and not necessarily those of Medway Council unless
Please be aware that emails sent to or received from Medway Council may be
subject to recording and/or monitoring in accordance with relevant
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now