Dear Dorset County Council,
Could you please supply me with the following information for financial years (by year, where possible) from 2008 to present:
1. The number of litter-related incidents reported or recorded
2. The number (and total value) of fines issued in respect of litter
3. The number (and total value) of fines paid in respect of litter
4. The number of cases taken to court and how many of these were successful
5. The cost of pursuing litter-related incidents
6. The current policy on tackling litter (reporting, enforcement, etc)
7. The number of dog fouling incidents reported or recorded
8. The number of fines issued in respect of dog fouling
9. The total value of fines issued in respect of dog fouling
10. The number of fines paid in respect of dog fouling
11. The value of fines paid in respect of dog fouling
12. The current policy on tackling dog fouling (reporting, enforcement, etc)
We acknowledge receipt of your request for information.
This will now be passed to the relevant area(s) of the authority and a
response sent within 20 working days.
If for any reason we cannot respond in full within 20 days, we will let
Please ensure all responses to this mail are addressed to
[Dorset County Council request email] .
"This e-mail is intended for the named addressee(s) only and may contain
information about individuals or other sensitive information and should be
handled accordingly. Unless you are the named addressee (or authorised to
receive it for the addressee) you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else. If you have received this email in error, kindly disregard
the content of the message and notify the sender immediately. Please be
aware that all email may be subject to recording and/or monitoring in
accordance with relevant legislation."
I am writing further to your email below.
The County Council is not responsible for street care and cleaning, rather it is the District/Borough Councils in Dorset. I have attached an information request form which includes their FOI contact details.
Freedom of Information Team
Dorset County Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now