List of UK Secondary Schools with address, telephone nuber and name of headteacher

The request was successful.

Dear Department for Education,

Please can you send me a list of all UK secondary schools, with their address, telephone number and name of the head teacher.

Yours faithfully,

Mr A. T. Burgess

Department for Education

Dear Mr Burgess

Thank you for your recent email. A reply will be sent to you as soon as
possible. For information, the departmental standard for correspondence
received is that responses should be sent within 20 working days as you
are requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

Your correspondence has been allocated the reference number

Thank you.

Central Allocation Team

Public Communications Team

Tel: 0370 0002288

show quoted sections

Department for Education

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Burgess,
Re: List of all UK Secondary School
Many thanks for your email dated 11^th January 2012, where you have requested a list of all
UK secondary schools with their address, telephone number and name of head teacher.  I have
dealt with your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

A copy of the information is enclosed in the format you have requested.  The excel
spreadsheet contains the following school types: academies, special schools, community,
foundation, voluntary aided and voluntary controlled schools. Please note that the head
teacher names as listed on EduBase are what we have been provided with to date, it is the
responsibility of the school to inform EduBase of any changes to their school record.  I
have also included the unique reference number so that if you need to view any school record
in more detail you can do so via the public portal of EduBase at
[1],  If you need to speak to anyone about the data or use
of the site please do not hesitate to contact the EduBase Helpdesk on telephone number 0870
120 25 27.

The information supplied to you continues to be protected by copyright. You are free to use
it for your own purposes, including for private study and non-commercial research, and for
any other purpose authorised by an exception in current copyright law. Documents (except
photographs) can be also used in the UK without requiring permission for the purposes of
news reporting. Any other re-use, for example commercial publication, would require the
permission of the copyright holder.

Most documents produced by the Department for Education will be protected by Crown
Copyright. Most Crown copyright information can be re-used under the Open Government Licence
([2] For information about
the OGL and about re-using Crown Copyright information please see The National Archives

Copyright in other documents may rest with a third party. For information about obtaining
permission from a third party see the Intellectual Property Office’s website at

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please remember to quote the
reference number above in any future communications. 

If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled, you should make a complaint
to the Department for Education by writing to me within two calendar months of the date of
this letter.  Your complaint will be considered by an independent review panel, who were not
involved in the original consideration of your request. 

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint to the Department for
Education you may then contact the Information Commissioner’s Office. 

Yours sincerely,

Deborah Bovenizer
Data and Statistics Division
[email address]

Your correspondence has been allocated the reference number 2012/0001682.

show quoted sections

Communications via the GSi may be automatically logged, monitored and/or
recorded for legal purposes.


Visible links